PDA

View Full Version : How many have heard HKS external GT W/G?

randy
29-11-03, 19:12
Just wanted to tell you guys how fantastic the sound of an external W/G is... The new supe in town with the HKS t51 turbo has a HKS GT waste-gate and my god --- I literally freeze when I hear the sound absolutely sinister and the scream is unbelievable.........:D :D Worth going single just for the sound!!:flame Dev :flame Dev :D

Gaz Walker
29-11-03, 19:27
Why do you think so many people go single. There is no replacement for the sound of external wastegates :D

Gaz.

Adam W
29-11-03, 19:42
I wasn't exactly blown away by mine . . . the exhaust note gets a bit "angrier" when it opens, but it doesn't get noticeably louder . . . :( :conf:

Wez
29-11-03, 20:22
Have you got your wastegate feeding back into the exhaust, leading down to the road or side exit?

Plumbed back into the main exhaust quietens them down alot.

:thumbs:

Nick@TC
29-11-03, 21:29
Originally posted by Adam W
I wasn't exactly blown away by mine . . . the exhaust note gets a bit "angrier" when it opens, but it doesn't get noticeably louder . . . :( :conf:

Wouldnt the fact youve only run the turbo at 10 psi explain it??

(last time i saw it, the dump tube was only 2" long :D )

Adam W
29-11-03, 23:48
It's got about eight inches of pipe on it, leading straight downwards. It would be a lote easier to plumb it into the downpipe but I wanted the cool sound effects I've heard so much about!