The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How can I check for a boost leak?

fri3ndly

At about 2000 revs 'Sometimes' I hear a gasping noise, like the noise when you blow air into the top of a bottle and its doesnt sound good.

It also feels like the first turbo has no power. If I go right through the revs, it feels like an n/a until the revs hit 4.5k when the second turbo spools to which it accelerates a lot faster

Which one do you recommend and is it easy to fit?

just get a cheap £20 one from ebay. they take about half an hour to fit and aren't difficult. its litterally just a case of tapping off one of the vacuum pipes with a t piece and running it into the back of the gauge (for a mechanical one)

just get a cheap £20 one from ebay. they take about half an hour to fit and aren't difficult. its litterally just a case of tapping off one of the vacuum pipes with a t piece and running it into the back of the gauge (for a mechanical one)

I was thinking about a nice Greddy or Blitz, but what I really want is one that will fit exactly where one of the circular heaters are