The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto box

Guest BornSlippy

Guest BornSlippy

i'm after some help and advice on stock j.spec auto boxes i'm tuning up mine to around 400/450 are the stock boxes and torque converter's ok or do i need to spend money on them:Pling:

Hi Matey there are plenty of people who have run 500bhp or slightly more on a stock autobox myself included. Mine is fine and had a really good test a santa pod last weekend with no problems. But you are obviously shorting the life of your box as you are running more power than was design and often with the auto boxes its the heat that kills them, so running extra transmission coolers is often a good idea as well as regular fluid changes. But the search key is your friend on this one matey as its been discussed many many times :)