The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Annoying speed limiter!

Millsy

Just driven a fairly lengthy journey, (getting annoyed with all the rubber necking on the A14) and came off a roundabout near home onto a dual carriageway. Two blokes in a 54 plate Porsche Targa had pulled out on the roundabout in front of me and were heading onto the same bit of dual carriageway. The driver put his foot down and I thought - what the hell!

Anyway, got up behind them to the point he had to move over, then started pulling alongside him - could have pretty easily have screamed past but looked at speedo and realised the limiter was about to kick in. I ended up having to play casual and just slow down and pull back behind him. Often I've thought the limiter is a good idea but in this instance I dearly wish it was gone!

So the quandry - keep it or ditch it? Any thoughts people?

Buy my FCon V and you'll be sorted, revs to 8k reliably, No Fuel Cut, No Speed limiter and I managed 391.5bhp on a bpu with first Cat still in;)

What the %&% is a FCon V? Anybody got a link?

I'm hitting fuel cut and about to either install FCD, injectors, fuel regulator, pump OR just adding a sports cat (or restrictor ring) to keep boost around 1 bar. FCon V sound like it could be an alternative, or??

Its a fuel and ignition computer, one of the best, I'm being entirely honest here, it depends on the fcd but generally their badly designed...especially the HKS!

It piggybacks onto your exisitng ecu and it has brains unlike a chip e.t.c, I would never go down the route of a chip or fcd - your playing with your factory safety zone