The mkiv Supra Owners Club

25th Anniversary mkivsupra.net Summer Party, Saturday 14th July - Metropole Hotel

Burna

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in. Hotel looks nice on the website and there are some great roads around there for a nice sensible sunday drive back :innocent::innocent:

Would have to see what was on the buffet menu to know for sure, but if its a decent hot buffet I would prefer that.

Does the price include access to the pool and gym as well?

NOOO! Me and grace are on holiday! If anything changes we are there

I'd still appreciate your opinion on the event mate, like which dinner option you prefer?

I'm in. Hotel looks nice on the website and there are some great roads around there for a nice sensible sunday drive back :innocent::innocent:

Would have to see what was on the buffet menu to know for sure, but if its a decent hot buffet I would prefer that.

Does the price include access to the pool and gym as well?

I'll post up further details of the menus when I have them, and I'd say yes all the facilities are for you to use if you are staying yes.

Thanks for your input mate :)

So there's no option to stay the night before too? (as you can't hang around for the day?)

You can of course stay the night before too, but you’re roughly looking at the same cost again.

If that date sticks i will be at home so i'll be able to make it.

I think myself and the wife would prefer a sit down 3 course meal however a buffet would also be good, i just think the sit down one could last a bit longer etc.

I’m with you Ric.

That's a good deal with dinner inc and facilities. Great work [emoji106] we would come to that

For me sit down would be more of a special event imo. Especially As it's a dinner event and less centered towards daytime activities

How about the choice be either casual wear if buffet is chosen or smart evening wear if sit down dinner is chosen

Appreciate not everyone will be impressed with that idea. Casual during the day etc have a drink then go get changed for dinner and dance?

Yep me and the mrs are definitely up for that. I think a buffet would be better as it gives you the opportunity to mingle more and get to speak to more people. A sit down meal would just have people sat in the same groups as usual unless you set up a table plan where people sat with poeple they didn’t know ? Will the buffet be outside again ? As if it’s inside then I don’t think it matters.

I’m in two minds in regards the food.

A sit down meal would be great, I like formal events, however as said above, buffet leaves it open to mingle better.

The venue looks nice, I was hoping for a northern venue, like Scotland.

Get more for your money ;)

Obviously too far oooop north for some folk :rlol:

Id be happy with either food option but I do agree with Tyson's point that with a sit down meal everyone is more likely to just sit in the group of people that they already know and are friends with where as a buffet gives more option of meeting new people, even if its just food related talk when at the buffet table it breaks the ice for future conversation later in the night so is easier to meet new people that you dont already know.

Hotel looks good and only up the road from me so bonus ;)

I like the site down dinner idea, but could be swayed by a buffet depending on what the buffet was. Triangle sandwiches, prawn vol au vents and cheesy puffs a buffet does not make.

That was my thought exactly, the buffet would have to be something special to compete with last years BBQ. I'm waiting on menu options, so I will know from that which is better.

Id only be coming if we can have the racing sims again as I down think Abbey was off it at Wroxall and was an ace addition to the event.

We aren't going to have the budget for those I'm afraid, they were a lot of money to hire, and this year is on even more of a tight budget, oh joy for me :/ I also didn't think we had our monies worth from the arcade machines, not compared to the scalextric the year before.

I’m in two minds in regards the food.

A sit down meal would be great, I like formal events, however as said above, buffet leaves it open to mingle better.

The venue looks nice, I was hoping for a northern venue, like Scotland.

Get more for your money ;)

Obviously too far oooop north for some folk :rlol:

You are in exactly the same mind as me mate in regards to the food options, I can see it working either way, and maybe a sit down meal may be the way to freshen up the event? Try it for this year and see how the dynamic changes perhaps.

In regards to the event moving further north, it was/is a future plan. I personally will never organise an event in Scotland for various reason that have been discussed countless times before, and I'm still waiting for one of our Scottish events organisers to arrange an event as had been mentioned in the past. This years party was actually planned to be in Cornwall, then next year North East, following year South East, and then up to the North West. This may happen in the future, but it's nigh impossible to find a venue that we can take over for the day that members will be willing to pay the ticket price for, they all range from £20,000 to £48,000 for just one day, so you do the math on how much a ticket each would be.

It's great to see such good feedback so far on this event, and especially seeing as the cost has increased, it tells me that you really do enjoy what we have created in the past.

I'll post up the possible menu choices when I receive them, and we can all make a collective decision on what we will do :)

You are in exactly the same mind as me mate in regards to the food options, I can see it working either way, and maybe a sit down meal may be the way to freshen up the event? Try it for this year and see how the dynamic changes perhaps.

In regards to the event moving further north, it was/is a future plan. I personally will never organise an event in Scotland for various reason that have been discussed countless times before, and I'm still waiting for one of our Scottish events organisers to arrange an event as had been mentioned in the past. This years party was actually planned to be in Cornwall, then next year North East, following year South East, and then up to the North West. This may happen in the future, but it's nigh impossible to find a venue that we can take over for the day that members will be willing to pay the ticket price for, they all range from £20,000 to £48,000 for just one day, so you do the math on how much a ticket each would be.

It's great to see such good feedback so far on this event, and especially seeing as the cost has increased, it tells me that you really do enjoy what we have created in the past.

I'll post up the possible menu choices when I receive them, and we can all make a collective decision on what we will do :)

The cost has already put Amy off lol

Plus she doesn't want to drive to Wales :rlol:

I like the plan for the event to move around, but understand that must be a nightmare to organise and the cost.

Only problem I see with this event is that if it doesn't live upto the previous years Sclub parties, it may be a disaster for future events. Damn you for doing amazing events!

Maybe a formal setting could lift it up?

The cost has already put Amy off lol

Plus she doesn't want to drive to Wales :rlol:

I like the plan for the event to move around, but understand that must be a nightmare to organise and the cost.

Only problem I see with this event is that if it doesn't live upto the previous years Sclub parties, it may be a disaster for future events. Damn you for doing amazing events!

Maybe a formal setting could lift it up?

Yep, the cost may not be for everyone, but all other places were £400 to £960 per couple for just the one day, so this one comes closer to what we've paid before. As to comparing it to previous years, I'm not looking to repeat what's been achieved to be honest, it's just a chance for us all to get together and treat our partners for a night/weekend :)

Edit: Actually just had a phone call from another venue with a quote, https://pendrellhall-venue.co.uk/ Works out to £350 per couple, and sleeps 60 people. So you can see what the club is up against when it comes to putting on an event of this type for the ticket price members are willing to pay. I quite like the look of the place for a Xmas party though, but you'd have to be happy to pay the price if you want to go :)

Edited by Burna (see edit history)