The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of most recently mentioned insurers on here (as of April 2015)

Mr Cull

I got the renewal through from Admiral and at over £500 I thought I would try a bit of shopping around.

I guess like many of you I came here first to find out which companies people were recommending as giving out good quotes at the moment.

After not seeing a post containing a compilation of multiple insurers I looked though the various recent threads and noted down most of the insurers mentioned.

Now that I have this list I thought I would post it up here as it might save someone else some time in the future. (But even if this don’t help anyone else it will save me sometime again next year if I can find this thread :))

No code has to be inserted here.

Ringing took about 10min for each one (plus time waiting on hold first).

After getting to Footman James who quoted £230 with only a £50 excess I thought I would be unlikely to get anything significantly better so I stopped ringing others and went with them. I also got an agreed value for an extra £10 on the premium.

I did run a few comparison websites first and as expected most came back not particularly great.

However I did for some reason get an ok quote from “The UK’s best gay friendly broker - Pink Pound” via “Google Compare”.

Interestingly also Performance Direct seemed to offer 4 different quotes, spanning £100 in range, from 4 different comparison sites.

No code has to be inserted here.

I guess just because I got a good quote from Footman James it does not mean everyone else will.

I certainly recommend ringing round to get the best deal for you.

My relevant specifics are:

GZ Auto TT with one modification of coilover suspension

Classic Car insurance policy (i.e. other main car and 5000 limited miles on the Supra)

Early 30’s and licence for over 10 years

No points, accidents or other convictions

Commuting to work

10 year no claims used on another car