imi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryan completed the mapping of the car last night.

Car is now mapped @1.4 bar and is pushing a max power of 544.8 on the fly with a torque figure of 440.

BIG THANKS TO MARK @ PHEONIX for the single conversion and mechanical work while a tremendous appreciation to Ryan G for working his magic on the mapping. AND to VELOCITY PERFORMANCE AND BOOSTLOGIC for supplying all the parts.

I'll leave some space for Ryan to post his comments on the mapping of the car as he believes there is a lot more potential in there moving forward.

I'll post the dyno graphs come monday when i have access to a scanner.

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Many thx Jamie. I'm planning to come over to the Ace Cafe on the 22nd of July. Car sounds great and is running well within its limits. Intake temps are high - looking to get a Greddy 3 ROW FMIC sometime in the future before mapping it again (increasing the timing)

Many thx Jamie. I'm planning to come over to the Ace Cafe on the 22nd of July. Car sounds great and is running well within its limits. Intake temps are high - looking to get a Greddy 3 ROW FMIC sometime in the future before mapping it again (increasing the timing)

What IC are you running now?

Good stuff, shame im away on that date.

Sorry taken me a while to post some comments but away mapping up north at the moment.

Nice to finally get it pretty much finished as had lots of issues on the first dyno session which ment i had to get IMI back unfortunatly and with both our busy schudules it was hard to sort a time. So sorry for this IMI but the 2 weeks before TOTB are always crazy.

Any how had another issue on thursday night with the air temps being rather high on IMI's car and limiting the amount of timing which is why the torque is down. But with the air temps being around 50-60c we still managed to get a nice hp figure.

The miamigt intercooler was just getting overwelmed and i think with the t61 a CW or a 3row FMIC is needed this time of year.

Lots more to come but rome was not built in a day.

When you have the intercooler etc sorted i will get my rating to 10/10 Imi :D

Ryan

Why ist the torque such different for example between Wez and Imi,..

the difference ist more than 100 Newtonmetres... so WEZ will pull easily away from imi...or not ???

cheers

Wez has a VERY different setup to Imi, hence the difference.

Why ist the torque such different for example between Wez and Imi,..

the difference ist more than 100 Newtonmetres... so WEZ will pull easily away from imi...or not ???

cheers

Any how had another issue on thursday night with the air temps being rather high on IMI's car and limiting the amount of timing which is why the torque is down. But with the air temps being around 50-60c we still managed to get a nice hp figure.

The miamigt intercooler was just getting overwelmed and i think with the t61 a CW or a 3row FMIC is needed this time of year.

Ryan

:innocent:

Ryan - what sort of injector duty were you seeing on the car in its current state?

You have a short memory ! :p

At 1.4bar they were around 91% hence why i lowered the boost to 1.3bar and said when you have sorted the intake temps out i will then have another look at the car to get the torque levels back. When the air is cooler it gains pressure quicker and as boost is created earlier as well as it being denser it will produce more torque and bhp lower down.

As i have said Rome was not built in a day so sort the list of things i stated and next time dont turn up with the fuel light on so i can have abit more time on the dyno or with 95ron like on your first mapping session :rlol:

Ryan

Need some help guys.

Looking for an intercooler, particularly interested in the Greddy ones due to quality and fitment of the kit (although open to suggestions)

Can I get away with a 2 ROW FMIC or do I really need a 3 ROW.

Also, I had a quick look on ebay, there are so many variants of the 3 ROW for the supra. Have a look here please.; which one is the correct one and what are the differences?

Many thx

The HKS 2 row is more than enough for the T61 and is the best priced of the quality FMIC kits. If you can stretch to it then the Greddy 3 row is very well proven for well over 650bhp. Both should be a perfect and hassle free fit.

Ideally a CWIC is the one for the T61 (as proven by Wez's car) but they are expensive and you have to wait.

If time and money are available I'd go for the CW one.