The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with buying Handheld PC

tDR

Just off the phone to my Uncle who's contacted me for advice on buying a handheld PC type device. It's for use at work in meetings etc and to use at home to interface with his PC through his wireless network (I specced and installed this, all Netgear 54g equipment) so that he can email stuff to his P.A. in the office after transferring to his home PC. I'm not really up on these devices so thought I'd ask here in case anyone has good knowledge of these. After discussing it with him he's looking for these features mainly:

- Ordinary diary month to view or week to view feature rather than having to tap through page after page in meetings

- Capacity to write on screen (keyboard on screen to tap letters with pen etc.), preferably not predictive text or has the ability to turn it off as with phones as he hates predictive text

- Bluetooth (Interact with his bluetooth phones / other bluetooth devices?)

- 54g wireless compatible to interface with his home network to transfer data between his home PC and handheld

He has been looking at the HP ipaq 7400 at roughly £440 depending where you look. Any good?

His budget is £500 but he is prepared to stretch to higher figures if there is a good reason for doing so - future proofing, much better spec etc. Also need to know where to buy from for the best price on any recommendations.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Brian.