The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NT server problems

GeordieSteve

grrrr I hate NT4. after an 80 hour week I'm stull in shit with a Nt4 server. I have a 2003 PDC and and NT4 server just running as a workstation (it's needed to host SQL 7). None of the users seem to be able to browse to the NT4 box. It keeps asking for a password.

The 2003 PDC is running AD with DNS and DHCP and it looks like they're all pinging the correct IP addresses now. If you logged on to the PDC as an administrator you can browse to it fine but not when you logged on to a client machine (98 or XP) as a use.

Any ideas? :confused: :(

well this is a permission problem then, if administrator does it fine from a client box.

And unfortunatly for you im not at work! so cant tell you what groups my normal users use and that allows them to browse the box. Check the Domain Users on the Server and see what groups they are in

**if your using a domain of course, didnt ask or is it a workgroup **

ok well im off out now but last bit of advice before i go, is create a new group with permission for everything put yourself in it. try logging on and see if you can get on the box, then start removing some of the rights you have given to the group, then check you can log back on, and hopefully you can see what may be stopping you logging on etc...

I would say a more technical route, but im not infront of server to tell you which settings to check! :p

good luck mate ill check thread later see how u get on