The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bluetooth headsets - advice needed

CJ

I currently have an "over the head" type moblie phone headset that, in a certain light, makes me look like Madonna :D

I have decided to join in with the other groovy people and buy a bluetooth headset for my Sharpe GX30 phone but dont have a clue which to go for. :conf:

Any reccomendations?

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Christ - its that good? Where did you get it and how much?!!!!

Hey Gaz, if you bought one of them over the head jobbys too, we could go out and people may just mistake us for the Cheeky Girls eh? :p :D

Originally posted by CJ

I currently have an "over the head" type moblie phone headset that, in a certain light, makes me look like Madonna :D

I have decided to join in with the other groovy people and buy a bluetooth headset for my Sharpe GX30 phone but dont have a clue which to go for. :conf:

Any reccomendations?

Ah ha,

Another secret trekkie.. trying to look like Picard right!

Those blue tooth ear pieces always bring a smile to my face especially when I see people whearing them in nightclubs!!

Beam me up Scotty

I bought a Sony Ericsson HBH60 headset which was then replaced for a newer model when it kept going wrong the new one sounds like Im in a goldfish bowl above 30mph and no-one can hear me.

The Sony Ericsson was £130 when I bought it originally yet my brother and some mates bought the Jabra one that Gaz was talking about for about £30 squid and its excellent...

The Sony Ericsson looks cool yeah.....but dosn't work.

The Jabra is not quite as cool looks wise but it works and is at least half or even a third of the price of others...and its better qaulity....

It wont make you look like Madonna or CJ though.

;)

I had a Plantronics M3000. Useless. Sounds awful unless you are in total silence and if it's in your pocket it makes lots of potentially embarasing phone calls as the BIG button on one side does a redial if held down.

I had an HBH-30 which worked well until it died and was replaced by an HBH-35 which worked very well, both quality and ease of use (apart from the button was a little too small, but hettern than beinng too big). That also died after 6 months so I'm back to using a bit of wire!

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

I've got a Jabra BT200, had it for about a year now, it works well in the car, even the noise the Supra makes :D

I sometimes have to shut the window though, when I use voice dialling.

For £50 or so you really can't go too wrong.

£25 on eBay. Think I'll be getting one, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...