The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Warranties and Guarantees from our Traders/Tuners

dandan

To all traders...

Could you please tell us what sort of warranty/guarantee is given with the parts that you sell? I am sure that just about everybody in here would be interested in this sort of information. It's not something I have ever seen discussed as far as I can remember. With the increase in traders on here now I thought something like this might be a good idea..

Do you all offer a no quibble (14 day for example) refund on any parts as long as they are not damaged and still have original packaging? I assume postage costs would be down to cutomer?

How about actual warranties on the majority of the items you sell? Electronics (Fuelling, BC's,Traction Control etc), BOV's, Suspension kits, fuel pumps, injectors, suspension components etc etc

For example, what if...

Suspension kits with solid top mounts start knocking after a couple of months on the car? Set mileage or time for warranty?

How about chromed parts that rust through?

Suspension springs that sag over a short time?

Walbro fuel pumps? Warranty on pump itself? Also what if one does give up and a lean incident melts a piston? - Buyer beware??

Exhaust manifolds cracking on single turbo kits?

Same for down pipes and midpipes?

I realise some of you will mention installation and the effect this may have, I'm asking about genuine problems with parts, unrelated to the installation.

Many thanks, look forward to seeing what sort of info comes up.

Dan

Guest Terry S

Dan, you on a mission ;)

Most aftermarket parts whilst legally carrying a warranty, are very hard to get replaced under warranty. The manufacturers will generally blame the punter for someting silly and slide out of it. I had this exact problem with a set of HKS pulleys.

Now having said that we will always try to be as fair as possible. At some point though, the individual MUST accept responsibility for tuning/modifying their car.

Our stance is, repair/replacement for Manufacturing Defects:

Turbo kits manifolds DP/MP 3 year warranty against cracking

Turbo - 3 Months return to manufacturer for report

BL gearbox upgrade - Zero Warranty, to open to abuse.

Injectors - these are almost impossible to warranty but we would test/report

Walbros - 12 Months replacement if proven faulty

Electronics - 6-12 Months if fitted by Matt Harwood/Sextons.

Now obviously if there is obvious sign of misuse/abuse, or adverse manufacturers report, any warranty would be void.

Hi Dan,

Good one to mention.

We offer a no quibble 7 day returns policy on all items that are unopened in the original packaging - the only exception being special orders - which will be notified at the point of order - normally this is a specific colour/option which would make it hard for us to sell the item on. In a special order case, the restocking fee would be negotiated - this would be between 10-25% depending on what we get charged from our supplier.

In most cases we offer a 12 month warranty on parts, subject to manufacturer. The manufacturer has the final say on defective products.

Our turbo kits have lifetime warranties, the turbo 12 month refurb/replacement

Injectors - specifically PE injectors - we would replace a defective item from stock after testing. We are the distributor for PE so have more say in issues such as this.

Generally though, Terry has said what needs to be said.

We look after you guys as best as humanly/financially possible though, I dont think/hope anyone has a complaint regarding a warranty issue from ourselves - not that we have had many dealing with the quality products we choose to sell.

HTH

Gaz.

All here m8

http://miami-gt.com/shipping.php?osCsid=64b94e2e42a0573d5b0907eb88dd3241

and here

http://miami-gt.com/conditions.php?osCsid=64b94e2e42a0573d5b0907eb88dd3241

Tons of small print - loads of it - buckets of the stuff...!

However to precis...

Cooling off 7 day period

No quibble 14 day returns policy on all items that are unopened in the original packaging

Special orders - depends on what they are normally would be between 20-25% restocking depending on what we get charged from our supplier.

12 month manufacturer warranty on parts (subject to manufacturer) And this is where the tuner fitting v manufacture issue will come into play!

Money back guarantee / replacement on bodykit parts (i.e. if they dont fit / build quality) - this one is a real USP so proud to flaunt it!

Really though it all comes down to a 'fair play' policy doesn't it? I would not be so daft as to alienate anyone with a genuine problem as it would be commercially unsound - but by the same token would expect the same level of respect from the customer

:thumbs:

• 3 months later...
I've dealt with Terry, Gaz and Paul, and would (will) happily deal with all three again. :thumbs:

I'm sure Dan has too, I don't think that was the question though.

Isn't a return part of our statuatory rights within 7 days or so? I'm just playing devils advocat.

Pardon my ignorance, what is a restocking fee?

Normally stockists (and that includes our suppliers) specify they can charge a 're-stocking' fee for items returned where people have 'changed their minds' etc and through no fault of the supplier costs have been incurred - post / admin etc

Never charged it myself - but I assume it's just a way of disuading 'test pilots' for goods ???

Isn't a return part of our statuatory rights within 7 days or so? I'm just playing devils advocat.

I think you will find that no retailer has to give a refund just because the buyer changes their mind and returns the goods within 7 days.

Hence why I mentioned "retailer" as opposed to internet / telephone sales. :thumbs:

This still applies to a majority portion of the sales from traders on this site. I don't think ENVY have a shop. So all of their sales must be internet/telephone based, unless everyone has started driving to Newcastle.

The same goes to the other traders. Do any of them have a shop where you can walk in a browse the products like a retailer, other than the workshops designed for working on the cars as opposed to displaying products?

Everyone has stated their position so really this is not going anywhere - so should we leave it there?

Eh? Yes it is, I was providing factual information pertaining to the first post in this thread, and the original question.

By posting links to statutory rights I have answered the questions asked. I'm not argueing with Jake, if you see my last post I am agreeing with him :taped:

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

ALL our products and services come with a FULL guarantee New or Second hand. Services have my personal garentee of quality and workmanship or your money back.

Rolling road work is performed to your specifications NOT the operators.

Call us for full clarification.

ALL our products and services come with a FULL guarantee New or Second hand. Services have my personal garentee of quality and workmanship or your money back.

I'd be very careful Martin. I know you mean well, but I wouldn't like someone to take advantage of you. This kind of policy leaves you wide open for abuse.

I've had to deal with my fair share of Joe Public customer services both facing in shop and ecommerce and some people simply take the pi$$.

Yes I know what you Mean Pete, but every large order I get FULL customer signoff first in detail, so hopefully have it convered.

All rolling roads are covered with a disclaimer. All I was saying is basically if we take a job on and don't delivery what we say, a refund is / can and will be issued.

• 7 months later...

We endevor to ensure that all parts fitted by us are covered.

Unknown parts supplied by the customer cannot be covered unless the part is rendered unusable due to work carried out by us that effects that part.

Mapping and rolling road power runs are not covered automaticly unless the parts that fail were fitted by us.

Quite simply we give 12 months warrenty on all our work NO argument.

Hope that is plain enough for you.

Regards,

Greg, Sam and the Turbofit Team.

• 2 weeks later...

Unknown parts supplied by the customer cannot be covered unless the part is rendered unusable due to work carried out by us that effects that part.

Mapping and rolling road power runs are not covered automaticly unless the parts that fail were fitted by us.

Regards,

Do you offer the same on your Tea? One of your lads makes the weakest milkey dishpiss. I know it's free but dayumn, leave the teabag in for a bit longer will you! lol

P.S - I'll bring some more goodies with me at easter for y'all

Lewis

• 3 weeks later...

Regards,

Certainly makes me happy about coming to see you guys soon Greg. Great work. :)

Although as Jamie said, I'm not a fan of milky tea but I certainly do hope not to receive a cup of piss whilst I'm there for stating this ;)

• 13 years later...

Some of the old threads are the best!

People do need to read the small print with any trader they deal with. Although not an 'official' forum trader Amayama is one parts supplier regularly used by members that has simply the best get out of doing anything clauses in their terms. If you want to claim on a warranty you cannot have touched the part, no independent mechanic can have touched the part, only a main dealer will suffice. Then if a claim is to be lodged an authorised individual from within the service department of that main dealer must write a letter outlining exactly what the issue is. Then finally, the offending part must be returned to the Middle East at the senders expense. Then, just then you may get a refund on the part, no mention of any taxes or freight charges paid (both ways).

So burning hoops navigated you may only recover a fraction of your outlay. Amayama do point you straight to their terms if you ever try to contact them with an issue. This aspect of Amayama trading and their panache for just cancelling items on an order placed sends them to rock bottom of my personal go to pile of suppliers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.