The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars in the Park event - near Preston

AJI

:) ha ha... yeah it is one of numerous threads.... but I am never sure which area to post it in as this particular event is situated near to the border of three of the sectioned events areas.

Am I having a groundhog day or is this the 3rd or 4th thread about this? I'm sure I've replied to 2 already....

Does that mean you're coming along Lewis ? I missed you last time you came up to Horsforth.

Sadly not mate, I have a project review with a customer on the 20th so won't be able to make it. I am organising another Alton Towers meet though and it would be great if you could come along to that.

Sadly not mate, I have a project review with a customer on the 20th so won't be able to make it. I am organising another Alton Towers meet though and it would be great if you could come along to that.

already signed up ;)

Mike

Is there any of the Squires guys going to this..?

Was thinking of turning up to this...weather permitting.

Dont fancy being Billy no mates.

Cheers

Pete

If the weather is nice then there will be loads there I'm sure.

The good thing with this event is that it is not a Jap-only type of 'do'. Seeing the same cars on every meet can be a bit boring.... but on this one there is usually Lambos, Ferraris, TVRs etc etc. It covers all the performance car market which makes it much more interesting..... well IMO anyhow. :)

just got to hope for dry weather - but its not looking too promising. :(

If its too wet then I'll be giving it a miss.

But usually from past experience in the wet there are usually still a few good cars turn up.

We are back. Shame you pussys didn't wait around.

Me and the missus are obsessing about TVRs. They are lush.

FWIW we walked about six miles. Saw many sights, had some nice ice cream, got our feet wet, wimped out of the stepping stones and traded insults with a cow.

Great day and thanks to AJI for the heads up on this. Next time there must be a barbecue.

Glad you all enjoyed it! I was expecting more supercars to show up to be honest, with the weather being perfect for them.

In previous years there have been loads of Lambo's, Ferraris and even the likes of Zondas and GT40's etc. I don't know whether the weather earlier in the week scared them off or what.

But the gathering of cars was impressice all the same and I was glad to see a good showing of Supras :) Thanks for coming along.

Good to see some familiar faces and some new ones also.

Had a nice afternoon.

Weather brilliant.

Roads very nice and not a policeman in sight.

nice turnout of Supras - 8 i think...slightly outnumbered by the vauxhall vx220's. The TVR's looked very nice.

BBQ and box cooler next year i think.

Nice to see you guys again.

Pete