The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone up for Japfest?

Jimmer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there. Its only down the road from me so a nice quick journey!

I thought it kicked off at 9AM, so I've made plans to pick up a mate at 8ish.....

Ah well, if it starts at 10 at least my car will be at the front of the public carpark! :)

Not knowing how to send a general message (maybe someone can help) after being at CC for 40 years. Very dissapointed. Never had to queue before. The cars on display were nothing like the beauty's in the car park. Why didn't we have separate parking for certain types of cars and then everything else. Why was there only ONE person taking the money at Quarry. although Drifters were fantastic. No one turned up at Morrisons - was there for 20 mins. Don't think I'll bother next year - rather spend the money on the car!!.

I heard a rumour that an NSX had a bit of an incident

Yeah, not sure quite what happened, I was over the other side of the track and some said that it flipped. I think it actually went up on two wheels, lost control and ended up facing the wrong way. Hopefully the driver was fine but I left fairly soon after so I'm not sure.

On the whole, the day was good, but not great. Saw 3 nice single tub Supes, Mr Lover who was busy chatting and a couple of others I'm not sure were part of the club. I was hoping to get some bargains at the trade stands but there wasn't much on show. Hopefully there'll be a bigger club presence next year (Hint, hint!!) as there was an abundance of Scoobies, Evo's, 200's and 300's - definitely needed more Supes :)

Did find a Envy leaflet under my wiper when I got back to the car, so I guess they were there - any chance of a stand next time?! ;)

Edit: Looked like he did flip! http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=111434

Gutted i could not go, I have broken four of the five bones in my foot,and got a blood clot after the operation to put metal plates in. I cant walk on it for six weeks let alone drive the supra

I hope those who went had a great day!!!

Yeah come on - for £1200 quid worth you must have bought shed loads? tell!

Good day all in all - very sunburnt now though! but got loads of pics and movies, especially of the Driftworks team going sideways a plenty round the circuit! 1st event of the year for me and looking forward to plenty more :D

Did find a Envy leaflet under my wiper when I got back to the car, so I guess they were there - any chance of a stand next time?! ;)

Wasn't me ;)

We'll probably have a stand next year - we've never been before so wanted to check out the format etc.

Regards,

Gaz.