The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2008 Calendar - How it will work & Rules

Supragal

This year it's all different.

In the past I have had hassle about which pictures I choose for the shortlist, so this time

round I am staying right out of any decision making. It's all down to you. It means the rules

are a bit more complex but hopefully it will work out better in the end.

This is how it will work

There will be 6 categories as follows.

- Front Cover (1)

- Supra Portrait (2)

- Scenic Views (3)

- Group (2)

- Track/action/movement (2)

- Arty (3)

From each of these categories there will be one or more winners as indicated next to the headings. These total 13, equalling 12 months of the year plus the front cover.

I have not given specifc guidelines on what these categories are as I feel they are self explanitory. Front cover can be anything 'Supra', regardless of setting/background etc.

If anyone is unclear and wants me to explain a category please ask me.

How to enter

So, what you need to do is choose your favorite photo, decide which category it fits into and

submit it as an entry for that category.

To make an entry, a post must be made in the appropriate thread with a cut down copy of the

original photo (obviously keeping the original at full size!) A good enough size would be

640x480. (I reserve the right to remove any enormous pictures from the thread.) Either an img

link or attachment is fine, as long as the photo is visible in your post. url links where the

image does not show will be eliminated.

What happens next?

Once the deadline for entries is reached (30th April 2007), then a vote will take place on ALL

entries in that category. The entries with the highest vote/s from each category will go into

the calendar.

Rules and Regs!

- There is a limit of 20 entries per category, strictly first come first served. Once a thread

reached 20 entries I will lock it. Any that slip through the net before I see the limit reached

will be deleted.

- Any one car may only be entered ONCE in the entire competition. eg if X's car is entered for

the front cover category it MAY NOT be entered into ANY other category, regardless of who is

entering the photo. This is to avoid the possibility of the same car winning more than one

category.

- The submitter MUST own copyright of the entry, i.e they must have taken the photo themselves or have the express permission of the originator to use and reproduce the entry.

- If you are submitting a picture of someone elses car, please get their permission as it will mean they can not enter themselves.

- The Supra in the photos entered MUST belong to members of this club.

- All entries must be available in high resolution. As a guide a picture needs to be 300dpi @

A4. This can be achieved with a good quality digital camera of at least 4 megapixels, or a nice

old school SLR :) Should a winning entry prove to not be available in good enough quality for

print then the entry with the next highest votes will take its place.

- All entries must be landscape orientation, EXCEPT the Front Cover category where they can be either landscape or portrait.

- No one car can appear more than once in the calendar (with the exception of the group category i.e if a car wins a section itself it may also feature in a winning group shot with other cars)

- I reserve the right to remove any photos if they are put into incorrect categories, or entered in more than one category.

PLEASE do not chat in the threads. There is a 2008 calendar discussions thread for this.

Closing date for entries is April 30th

Voting will close on 25th May