The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2008 Calendar- get snapping!

Supragal

Ok people, this year my intention is to have the 2008 calendar on sale in time for JAE so that mean that we need to start now.

I know this means that people won't have this summer to take pictures BUT there are loads of new members who will have pictures from the past. Plus we will always be playing catch up and trying to rush it all through with the xmas post is a nightmare. I would rather people had them well in advance just as shop calendars are available early.

PLEASE DO NOT post pictures here. THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

I am changing how it all works this year so that I have no say (not even shortlisting) the pitcures that go in. This will mean much stricter rules and limited entries but I think it will work better.

So, to summarise, this is just a FYI thread so that you know that very soon I will be asking for people to get pictures in, and to let you know the format for entering and winners being chosen will be changing from previous years.

:eek: BIG change so, we only have a couple of months to take some NEW photo's and get them submitted :eek: I have already found a new location though :-))))

The Xmas rush/post MUST be a ball ache for you so, understand...maybe the club could sell them at JAE to non-members or anyone passing the stand ? A few extra £££ for the club...

Well yes indeed Pete, I've got a stack of 2007 ones left over and basically they will end up in the bin at a loss to the club because their shelf life is over, whereas if they are ready for the summer then we have several months to sell any outstanding.

Any taken this summer though can go in 2009, then onwards it will all work out ok.

Can we try and have some interesting pics this year please.

Mess around with exposures, movement, lighting, angles and the like.

Just look through the Supraforum members rides section and the quality of pics there is what we should be aiming for.

I'm find that "here's my Supra" pics are proper dull. I've got some great ideas. I just hope my camera can pull them off.

we have to start now as in get some photos taken or dig out the ones you want, I will post up threads soon once I've written them all and the rules have been explained.

Tom- yes this ONE year JAE will be missed out but then it's back into an annual pattern so it's not that much of a big deal.

Theres no changing my mind on this one I'm afraid, I don't think anyone has any idea how much is involved in getting this calendar organised and having to rush it through like an idiot with very little time almost guarantees mistakes.

I'm fairly sure the current one contributed to me losing my job as I was having to deal with stuff during work time and it was noticed.

God that's awful Rosie. :(

I can totally see why you want it done early.

The thing is people are taking pictures all the time. There isn't a day that goes by without someone buying a new camera.

So I shouldn't think it will be too much of a chore for people. :)

I'm fairly sure the current one contributed to me losing my job as I was having to deal with stuff during work time and it was noticed.
I know that feeling. When the forum got hacked ages ago it was bloody typical it was a day I was in the office and not working from home. I spent the whole afternoon restoring it, and all our internet activites are logged at work. :(

I have to say I totally support Rosies decision to move the calendar production forward in the year, it just makes so much sense for a lot of reasons. I'm just surprised it took Rosie this long to think of it! :p