BPU (Basic Performance Upgrade)

Homer

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 95tt

Im bpu++. And I was wondering, My fuel pump is from 1995 so its getting old. but why replace something that works. Woud I see difference in my AFR readings when the pump starts to go bad ? or do i need to hook up a pressure gauge. My logic tells me that if my pump is starting to go bad i would read a leaning afr ? right or wrong ?

Correct, you will see a lean AFR if your pump is dying but that one time on boost could be too late!

Best replacing as a service item, most economical performance pump is the walbro 341 255 ltr/hr

Cheers,

Brian.

Guest Geneb
thanks homer it all makes more sence now.i'm just going bpu+ nice piece,many thanks.

Will you shut up about your "BPU+" you old Tart:p

im going "BPU+1" with shiny brass knobs on!

Nah no adapter necessary - the flanges mate up fine 2.5" decats to 3" cat back system. I have 2.5" decats into my Blitz Nur Spec R.

I'd always recommend 2.5" decats for J Spec owners on standard turbos - keeps a bit more backpressure meaning you don't need such a small diameter restrictor ring.

Cheers,

Brian.

Nah no adapter necessary - the flanges mate up fine 2.5" decats to 3" cat back system. I have 2.5" decats into my Blitz Nur Spec R.

I'd always recommend 2.5" decats for J Spec owners on standard turbos - keeps a bit more backpressure meaning you don't need such a small diameter restrictor ring.

Cheers,

Brian.

I used an adaptor maybe cos I have a 4" cat back!!! ;)

• 2 months later...

In addition to Steve's post, the difference in the + and ++ terms of the orignal "BPU" packages marketed is explained here: http://www.suprastore.com/450hppackage.html

I seriously doubt their claims of performance differences between BPU and BPU++. The HP claims are also not comparable, whether it be due to the US Spec difference or 'eager' dyno's, who knows...

• 4 weeks later...
i have one question regarding the exhaust

shall i fit the downpipe with the width of 3" and length of only 1 m and no more from the turbos till under the seat

and

the 4rest of the exhaust should be 2" after the down p41ipe

Most people fit 3" decat and 3" exhaust, or all 2.5".

• 2 months later...