The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Competition #1

mawby

!!! THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED !!!

(Winning member was MrAngry)

The club has been in possession of (metaphorically speaking) a complete set of Chris Wilson brake pads for some time now. We have decided the club is going to give these away to one lucky member. To be in with a chance of winning this prize all you need to do is reply to this thread!

:trophy:

To win the prize you simply need to be the person who posts reply x to this thread, x being a secret number only the super moderators know. However, there are some rules to this competition. Nothing too complicated but they will hopefully make the competition fair.

:rulez:

This competition is only open to paid up club members.

This competition is NOT open to any of the traders, moderators or any relatives of moderators.

After you have posted to this thread you MUST wait for at least 5 other members to post after you before you may post again. If you break this rule then you will be disqualified.

In the event that someone who is disqualified or not entitled to the prize happens to post reply x, the prize will be given to the next poster as long as they are entitled to enter and have not also been disqualified.

No cash alternative will be offered for the prize.

We reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time without warning or reason.

Our decision is final.

:salute:

Now I appreciate that there maybe some of you thinking “Yeah right he’ll just give it to whoever he wants, there isn’t really a fixed winning number”. In order to prevent any such accusations I have taken a small screen shot of the forum and outlined a number on that screen shot. This number is the winning number. I have uploaded this screen shot to the moderators section and it will be moved into the public domain when we announce the winner. For authenticity purposes I have ensured this screen shot has a date stamp showing on it, and that date stamp is “22-09-06 12:40”.

:secret:

In order to allow this competition to run on for more than few hours we have chosen a winning number which is quite high, it’s certainly more than 100 but it is less than 1000.

So bearing in mind the 5 posts rule, get replying and good luck!

:ecstatic:

This competition is sponsored by Chris Wilson

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So there's no point in me posting until we get over 100 replies?
Depends how quickly you want it to get to 100 replies really.

Remember, don't reply again until 5 others have or you'll be disqualified. (I'm know I've said that already but I don't want anyone to claim they didn't know about that rule)

Are they UK or J spec pads? There you go, a post that also asks a sesible question. That should count as 2 posts...;)
Either. We will let Chris Wilson know who the winner is and they can then specify whether they want UK or Jap spec. Chris will send the pads direct to the winner.

Last Saturday night a young chap was walking home from a club.

It was a cold, wet, windy evening, and he was tired and freezing. Most of the streetlights in the area were broken, and the silence was only broken by the occasional sound of a stray cat sifting through a dustbin.

Then suddenly he heard a strange noise.......

BUMP........

BUMP........

BUMP........

Startled by this, he turned, and to his amazement, through the driving rain, he saw the faint outline of a large box turning into his road.

BUMP........

BUMP........

BUMP........

He froze to the spot, he couldn't believe his eyes, as the box approached from the shadows, he was able to make out its shape more clearly....It was a coffin.

Not wanting anything to do with this, he put his head down and started walking briskly home.

BUMP........

BUMP........

BUMP........

He could feel the coffin gaining on him, he started walking faster.........

BUMP........BUMP......

BUMP........BUMP.....

BUMP........BUMP......

The coffin was closing with his every step, he started to jog, but he heard

the coffin speed up after him......

BUMP........BUMP......BUMP......

He started to sprint, but so did the coffin.

BUMP...BUMP...BUMP...BUMP.

BUMP...BUMP...BUMP...BUMP.....

BUMP...BUMP...BUMP...BUMP.

Eventually he made it to his front door, but he knew the coffin was only seconds behind. Fumbling around in his pocket, he pulled out his keys, His hand trembling, he managed to open the lock; he dived inside slamming the front door behind him. He shot into his front room, and lumped into his comfy chair.

Suddenly there was a loud crash, as the coffin smashed its way through the front door. The force of the impact broke the lock off the coffin allowing the lid to swing freely on its rusty hinges as it continued its chase.....

BUMP...SCREECH...BUMP...SCREECH...

In horror the young lad fled again, as fast as his shaking legs could take him he bolted upstairs to the bathroom and locked the door........

BUMP...SCREECH...HOP...BUMP...SCREECH...HOP...

The coffin again gave chase up the stairs, across the landing and launched itself at the bathroom door. With an almighty smash, the bathroom door flew

off its hinges....

The coffin stood in the doorway, then started to approach the young terrified lad.

In a last ditch attempt to save his skin, he reached for his bathroom cabinet......

He grabbed a bar of Imperial Leather soap and threw it at the coffin.......still it came.

He grabbed his can of Lynx deodorant and threw it.....

Still it came......

He grabbed his first aid kit and threw it still it came......

He grabbed some Benelyn cough mixture and threw it........

The coffin stopped.

You've shot yourself in the foot with that question I'm affriad. In the interest of fairness I'm going change the rule about moderators to exclude their relatives too.

S'alright, I would have only raffled off the brake pads for Children in Need night anyway should I have won. :)

And at least this saves me have to bribe Keith with the MAP ECU I've got sitting around for the answer.