The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RWYB 1/4 mile & top speed runs - Elvington 2nd July 2006

wez_p

Hi Wez will try to make this one. On holliday but back on 1st. If I cant get there Adam will want to bring the car, hope for a dry day.

nice one steve :D

hope you make it, you can perhaps get your doors back :p ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gray19840

Hi, i'm a newbie to this site. I will be there on Sunday as i just live round the corner from Elvington. Do you know what time it all starts???

Graeme

howdi Graeme,

i believe signing on starts about 9am & racing starts about 10am & goes on all day

i've heard there's some Scooby shootout final about 1pm

i'm still hoping to come but may end up having to drop out yet, if not i'll see you there :) PM me your reg or something & i'll keep an eye out for you

it's you Wez, you and Elvington don't mix :D

was it as much a fiasco as your last appearance, did Gaz get some times?

how many cars departed from the track, come on spill all....

btw Preston was a scorcher today :D I was planning on coming, but didn't get back from London until late o'clock last night, and managed to aggravate my ankle on some badly paved streets yesterday anyway.

Mike

it started off cool with clouds then raind really heavy.then not long after steve left sun came out so strong and dried up great.face like a beetroot with sun lol.pity steve never got to run,he has a amazing spec car.looked the biz.also wez seen your car looked well with no spoiler.there was a white supra and a red one parked up.

good to see that scooby run a 9.39 @ 150+

nice chatting to steve.

good day out

it just seemed to be a 5 mile perimeter around Elvington

as i was approaching this darkness appeared & it started raining. i couldn't believe it! there were puddles all over the track & the commentator was saying about being careful of the aquaplaning (i remember seeing a few go spinning off onto the fields last time) so after waiting around for an hour & sampling the hotdogs i figured it would never dry up in time to get a decent dry run & i already have wet times

@Mike - Gareth couldn't make it in the end, good job really

@Mark - cheers, were you one of the guys chatting to Steve while i was loitering? should have said hi. Steve's is quite a machine isn't it

so i drove all the way home again :bang: