• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok people, I have another question...

Considering all that I want to do to my car, I need to decide on an ECU.

Right now the decision i between the AEM and the GReddy Ultimate.

The sheer cost of the AEM (ECU, mapping, extras) is starting to worry me a bit. With my engine build, I am switching to hybrid UK spec turbos.

If I go to a single turbo, it will only be in a few years time, and will then reconsider the AEM.

Is the AEM worth while or not, for my purposes??

Ok people, I have another question...

Considering all that I want to do to my car, I need to decide on an ECU.

Right now the decision i between the AEM and the GReddy Ultimate.

The sheer cost of the AEM (ECU, mapping, extras) is starting to worry me a bit. With my engine build, I am switching to hybrid UK spec turbos.

If I go to a single turbo, it will only be in a few years time, and will then reconsider the AEM.

Is the AEM worth while or not, for my purposes??

Im saving for a Motec ECU as we speak as there is a fair few tuners and a wealth of info about them online but hard to get hold off for a good price, but AEM is a very sound ECU by all accounts, if I were you I would go for the AEM if thats what your set on especially if your after big power in the future, F-con might be worth a look as well

Im saving for a Motec ECU as we speak as there is a fair few tuners and a wealth of info about them online but hard to get hold off for a good price, but AEM is a very sound ECU by all accounts, if I were you I would go for the AEM if thats what your set on especially if your after big power in the future, F-con might be worth a look as well

Well I have a feeling that I might just like the car as is with the hybrids and other mods, so it might be awhile until I move to single...

Would like to get the rest of the car sorted as well... suspension, diff, exterior, etc.

F-Con is definitely an idea...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went up to TurboFit today, meet JaimeP and Sheefa, nice to meet you guys. Finally got to drive the car!! Feels absolutely awesome, even without the fueling and ecu mods.

Drive was cut short by a faulty alternator, but that will soon be fixed.

Pics to follow tomorrow...

Nice meeting you Graham, nice pics, shame about the dodgy alternator:)

Was a shame about the alternator, but its one of those things...

:(

Great to see you up and running mate, have to say I told Sam that your's really is a good looking engine bay :cool:

Thanks!! It does look good now... I am very impressed with all the work they have done. Will look even better once all the work is done!! :D Pity the pic of the engine bay blurred :(

Problem is that I have never owned/really driven a supra, and dont want to come out of the gate with 600+... as the first corner in the car at pace would result in huge medical bills, resetting of bones, etc, as I crash and burn!

So the idea is that 450 is the target for the next year. Then I will consider going to BIG power...

Graham

go for big power straight away! i cant inderstand why 600bhp will be a prob its all about your right foot.450bhp is still a hell of a lot of power if you have a lead foot. The extra power will not make it uncontollable you are the one in controll besides you can still run low boost at first untill you feel sure. do it do it do it:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

go for big power straight away! i cant inderstand why 600bhp will be a prob its all about your right foot.450bhp is still a hell of a lot of power if you have a lead foot. The extra power will not make it uncontollable you are the one in controll besides you can still run low boost at first untill you feel sure. do it do it do it:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Was the plan originally, but decided to get all the small things sorted first, then I ran out of money and couldnt afford the single conversion :(

But after the drive yesterday, I am quite impressed with the setup and the fuel and ecu mods are not yet done... :eyebrows:

• 4 weeks later...

No mate, unfortunately not.

Car is up at THOR for mapping, has been there for 3 weeks. Greg went up yesterday and today, to see what is going on.

After that, car is back at TurboFit for the brakes to be bled and then to KnightRacer for some exterior work.

Cheers,

G

No mate, unfortunately not.

Car is up at THOR for mapping, has been there for 3 weeks. Greg went up yesterday and today, to see what is going on.

After that, car is back at TurboFit for the brakes to be bled and then to KnightRacer for some exterior work.

Cheers,

G

Bloody hell mate, coming up to a year now hey! :(

Good luck pal. Hope you get her up and running nicely yeah. ;)

Greg