The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meet/BBQ - Sunday 9th July 06 - Fighting Cocks Pub, Wendens Ambo, Essex

Peter P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys and Girls,

The good news is the pub have nothing booked in for August so we can have our choice of the last 2 Sundays (either 20th or 27th), the bad news is with only 12 people confirmed despite previous interest reaching nearer the 26/30 mark I can't really see tehe point to be honest!

If we can't as a club get at least 30 cars to attend a fun, CHEAP (don't hear that word much with these cars!;) ) and entertaining day out with fellow owners in a non-competitive enviroment then what does that say about us a club?! :blink: The Scooby boys do LOADS of these type of events and earn considerable money for good causes and never suffer with a lack of attendees!!!

I'm not trying to throw my toys out the pram etc but i've tried asking for advice on what people would want from the day, cancelled the first date due to the world cup final, tried getting Thor to bring a dyno but they don't want to travel that far and with their recent actions against the club, it may be better to not have them there! I am asking for £10 a head to the charity which also covers the first burger or whatever, trying to organise some prizes for a raffle, got some gorgeous crystal awards being engraved for best on day, nicest engine bay, best ice install etc etc etc!!!!!!!!! I am really at a loss as to what I have to do to get some more interest?!?!?!?!?!

The location is about 15mins from the Stanstead junction of the M11 and is esay to get to, the carpark is being resurfaced today to eliminate the uneven surface and potholes, the landlady is looking forward to a good turn out and Steve Chalmers from J-Tuner wants to attend for some photos and a possible article in a future issue!!!!

If we can't make this work and start getting some proper numbers then I'll have no choice but to pull the plug which would be a great shame and my sincere apologies to the 12 who have asked to attend. I'm not willing to fund a huge number of items including food on the off-chance lots of people will show up on the day! This needs planning and a fair guess at number of attendees in advance if it's going to work properly.

Rant over and sorry if I seem touchy but I can't understand the lack of interest when I know from looking over our A-Z of members, there are at least 50 in Cambridge, Suffolk and Hertfordshire which are all in easy travelling distance of the venue. Just a shame that's all.

Pete

Don't think it's you or anyone inparticular causing people to not attend ;)

I've met a fair few of the people from here at either the Japshow, My School Fete/BBQ thing we did in Kent or at the Ace Cafe night and was really impressed with how approachable and friendly most of us are. I can't understand why this is not a popular event as how many of these type of meets occur and where we are the only club to attend (decided it would be nice to have a MKIV exclusive meet so no other jap cars would be joining us)?? The car park meets and a pint in the local definately have there place in the scheme of things but this was an attempt at a Bolney-esque Supra event I would organise on a yearly basis (maybe even 2 a year if it proved popular enough!).

It would be for a good charitable cause and would be a cheap day out with cold beer, bbq food and a chance to chat with other members and see what they've been doing with their cars etc.

If it's the dates that are the problem then please say so and we can try a re-think for sometime that will be more suitable i'm not fussed but obviously want to get the maximum possible turnout!! It would be great if we did get a HUGE turnout and I had to make a last minute dash to Tesco for 200 burgers!!!!! :D ;) :D

I'll keep bumping the thread to keep it at the top of the list as I need to get a descision one way or another in the next week or two.

Cheers,

Pete :)

Peter, may I make a suggestion?

Ask an events mod to lock this thread/delete it or something, and get a new one started with the two proposed dates, and another list started? Maybe it's just me, but I get very bored stumbling through pages to find the relevant info!

ps. I'd be up for this if it doesnt clash with the southend meet thats being planned!