The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meet/BBQ - Sunday 9th July 06 - Fighting Cocks Pub, Wendens Ambo, Essex

Peter P

Guest EncoreWRC
I'm sure kids will be ok mate. Pete will advise for sure.

I recognise that avatar. Is that your car now?

yep it is mate brought it in april...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it's official - this is cancelled for July 9th and all of July!

August is fine so can we check the Sunday's in August please guys and girls namely: 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th??????

I will need to relay this past the landlady to make sure she hasn't got anything booked in for any of these but let's assume any of them are possibilities!

As for kids attending not a problem whatsoever m8!! :D This is a family day and a chance for everyone to attend and make a bit of money for a good cause so no one will be turned away!! :)

In fact, all kids get free admission/attendance so by all means bring them along.

There is a train station nearby as well which being a Sunday will be free parking so any non-jap performance cars can be stashed 2mins up the road. To be honest anyone who likes jap cars and wants to see some big power supes, rx7's, skylines and anything elsa that attends should come over!!

Would love to make this an annual meet and the equivalent of a 2nd Bolney!!! :D :d Although 2,000 cars may be a bit of a tight squeeze!!! ;)

I will see if I can get the guys to bring the bouncy castle as well so the kids can do some things they enjoy as well.

I can't stress enough this is a FUN day out for ALL enthusiasts and jap performance car owners so anyone you know who would enjoy this sort of thing give them a shout and ask them to join us! Whilst the Supe's will hopefully be the central attraction and the best represented, any jap performance beasties will be welcome!! :)

Also give me some feedback via PM or this thread to add anything you feel is missing or that may be worth looking into to improve it! I want to insure EVERYONE (or the majority at least!!) has a great time so don't hold back on suggestions.

Lets start the bidding for August then please peeps!

All the best,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!!

Sorry it's been a while since we've progressed this event (been on Holiday for a week with awful internet connection!!).

Ok, So we can scratch the 6th and the 13th which leaves either Sunday

20th August or Sunday 27th August??

Both days are fine for me/ the pub and the only consideration I'm waiting on is when Pete from Thor can attend and bring the dyno along. I will e-mail him again today and advise we have narrowed it down to 2 possibilities from the original 4 we suggested.

Can we start a new list for which of the above dates is ok for peeps please?!

I'll start:

1. Peter P - Both days are fine

Thanks guys for your patience and hopefully we can stick with the date this time and not clash with anything!!! ;)

Pete :)

2. EncoreWRC, missus an kids 27th august

3. Supragold - Both days are fine

4. markymark+ bird both days should be fine get the ribs on

5. lee s both fine for me

6. Yewtave - Lazy Bones

7. MrRalphMan - Either day - Prob Just me - Eat anything but sweetcorn

6. Yewtave - Lazy Bones

8. MR.B - Either day - Burgers all the way - plenty of sweetcorn for Ralph :p

6. Yewtave - Lazy Bones

8. MR.B - Either day - Burgers all the way - plenty of sweetcorn for Ralph

9. Paul Whiffin, either

10. Dazza, either

6. Yewtave - Lazy Bones

9. Paul Whiffin, either

10. Dazza, either

11. SteveL - 20th ( not defo on 27th yet...)

Right. Now that i've got the Summer School Fete I did for my nephews and neices last Saturday, I am 100% focused on getting this meeting organised.

Steve Chalmers has been in touch from J-Tuner to find out when we are hosting this as he may well be able to attend and bring a snapper with him for a future article in the mag which is great.

I've mentioned the last 2 Sundays in August which is where we got to before it went all quiet!! ;)

So it's a choice of:

- Sunday 20th August

or

- Sunday 27th August

I've had a few peeps post their agreements but am still quite short of the original list and have spoken with some of you at The Japshow, School Fete meet and the Ace Cafe night who thought it sounded like a good event and one they would like to attend.

My first priority is to fix a date which will be suitable for the majority of you to attend so more comments on the 2 possibilities above please!!

The cause is now changing to Medics who also do a lot of very good medical deeds including roadside accident assistance etc. The reason for the change from Essex Air Ambulance is that despite e-mailing them on several occasions for their input, I still haven't heard a word back!! :( Considering this is a fund raising event we are doing off our own backs and is costing them nothing, I'm a bit put off by their lack of professional courtesy! :tongue:

Pete at Thor doesn't wish to travel to us so the rolling road may be a no-go unless we can find someone elsa before then. Otherwise, we could arrange an afternoon session somewhere for the convoy to go and do some power runs which would be a memorable journey with 30+ supra's!!!! :D

Any thoughts or suggestions please add here or PM me.

All the best,

Pete :)

6. Yewtave - Lazy Bones

9. Paul Whiffin, either

10. Dazza, either

11. SteveL - 20th ( not defo on 27th yet...)

12. Andy Supra + 1 (both days are fine)

Also like if possible a XL t-shirt.

Can I ask whats going to happen to the other t-shirts? as they've got July 2006 printed on them

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=36540&d=1148656166

Anymore 4 anymore?!?!?!?!?!?! :search: ;)

We had a considerably larger number of people showing some interest in this originally yet only 12 confirmed so far?! I really need to get a date finalised to organise things properly so can anyone who likes the sound of a casual meet with a few beers and a burger or 2 sign up ASAP please!!!!!

This is for a good charitable cause and if we get J-Tuner to attend, could prove to be a really good day out.

Any queries, either post them up or PM me.

Thanks all,

Pete :D