The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meet/BBQ - Sunday 9th July 06 - Fighting Cocks Pub, Wendens Ambo, Essex

Peter P

A quick update:

7 responses down, 21 to go!!! :rolleyes: :search: Looks like i'll be PM'ing a fair few next week!! ;)

Anyways,

Hopefully those of you who buy J-Tuner will have noticed the letter I submitted to Steve Chalmers (Scary Steve to the old skool FastCar readers!!) who gave this event a nice spot in the letters section (page 39) for anyone not on the forum who wants to attend.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Pete at Thor about the dyno but we will need a minimum of 10 power runs I would imagine to get them to join us.

After some discussion with my cooks the general opinion is to scrap the chicken legs as they take ages and are in need of constant attention and stick with the burgers and hotdogs. I will also probably try to get some nice juicy steaks if I can get them for a fair price!! (don't suppose we have a butcher in the club who could help out do we?!).

Keep the feedback coming guys and I'll keep you all updated on any developments.

Thanks again!

Pete :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added umbrella order...

1. Peter P - Just me - 5 x T-Shirts (XL) - No special eating requirements - Interested in power run dependent on cost.

2. Ouch got me 1 x T Shirt (xl) - Eat anything in front of me (except cheese) - yes please on power run

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( M ) + 1 umbrella :cool: - Eat anything thats not moving - Yep for Power Run

4. Markymark + partner + 1 t-shirt (m) if you do kids t-shirts can you let me know as interested and we also eat anything

5. Mich - (with owenreme) - 1 x T-shirt (M) - No special eating requirements - no to power run

6. Owenreme - 1 x T-shirt (L) - Lots of meat!!! - no to power run

7. lee s - just me 1 x t shirt (xl) - eats all

8. BlackBeauty - just me - 1 x T-Shirt (m) - no special eating requirements

1. Peter P - Just me - 5 x T-Shirts (XL) - No special eating requirements - Interested in power run dependent on cost.

2. Ouch got me 1 x T Shirt (xl) - Eat anything in front of me (except cheese) - yes please on power run

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( M ) + 1 umbrella :cool: - Eat anything thats not moving - Yep for Power Run

4. Markymark + partner + 1 t-shirt (m) if you do kids t-shirts can you let me know as interested and we also eat anything

5. Mich - (with owenreme) - 1 x T-shirt (M) - No special eating requirements - no to power run

9. Supragold - just me - 1 x T-shirt (xl) - will eat anything - yep for power run if my overfenders don't cause problem & subject to cost

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( M ) + 1 umbrella - Eat anything thats not moving - Yep for Power Run

9. Supragold - just me - 1 x T-shirt (xl) - will eat anything - yep for power run if my overfenders don't cause problem & subject to cost

10.s crane & diane will eat anything.no power run.1 umbrella

Count us in, if theres space for us.

Im a newbie but would love to meet you all !! :hello:

I'll have 1x Large T-shirt too if theres one going. Both of us will eat pretty much anything that you can cook on a BBq.

1. owenreme

2. markymark

3. damanc

4. supraloopy

5. ouch got me

6. edd t

7. lee s

8. sexy-jo

9. robert

10. mr.b

11. supragold

12. kopite

13. whitesupratt

14. Pig

15. dee_rz

16. mazkarim

17. s crane & diane

18. BlackBeauty

19. Mich

20. SteveL

21. Robsheffield

22. Paul Whiffin

23. Darren Robinson

24. Dan Widdicks

25. Paul Tibbs

26. Christian Wood

27. Ben Weeks

28. Tournquet

29. Marktheboy +1 (My better half - Kelly)

Mark - can't see a T-shirt order :D :d :D

Be good to see you there......

Just see the t-shirts and umbrella - very very good quality.

Umbrella's are very smart and very good quality.

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( L ) + 1 umbrella - Eat anything thats not moving - Yep for Power Run

Hey All,

Just to clarify the prices on the T-Shirts and brollies for those interested:

T-Shirts = £6 per shirt (not bad considering these are hand applied not machined and the T-Shirt is Fruit of the Loom)

Umbrella = £15 per brollie (These are the golf sized ones and again have the Supra vinyl applied by hand but are very nice with carbon handle etc)

I seem to be a few short on replies (like 20 odd!;) ) so will be sending a PM to those not on the list in the next day or two.

STILL trying to get some prices from Pete at Thor for the hub dyno runs! Geez it's tough getting to him! a VERY busy guy! :D

Will update you all as things develop and if any of those keeping an eye on this thread have contact with those yet to respond can you give them a shout for me please!!

As explained the last thing I want is people going without food or t-shirts/umbrella's!! These things need some preparation!! :)

Thanks again all and see you in 6 weeks(ish!)

Pete

Sorry Peter - missed this.

3. SteveL - Just me - 5 x t-shirts ( L ) + 1 umbrella - Eat anything thats not moving - Yep for Power Run

11.MR.B - just me - 1x T-Shirt (L) - mmmmm burgers!

Hello Again!! :D

I popped over to see Steve L last night armed with an XL T-Shirt just to see how it measured up! Looked like it would swamp his nimble frame but actually wasn't that far off the mark!

Subsequent to which he has changed his order from Medium to Large. I think these Fruit of the Loom sizes are on the small side personally so would suggest people go up a size from their normal choice i.e large = XL XL = 2XL medium = large etc. I will have a fair few extras on the day so can always change them but worth a thought!

Thanks again and please keep the feedback coming as it helps me out with getting things organised! :)

PM's start today so hopefully I can start getting the merchandise made!!

Thanks again,

Pete

See below the table of chest sizes and how they correspond to the size of T-Shirt's for consideration when placing your orders:

Size S M L XL XXL 3XL*

Chest (to fit) 35/37 38/40 41/43 44/46 47/49 50/52

We can also organise female T-Shirts and kids as well but will probably extend the prices for say a month after the event and supply some order forms for anyone needing shirts or umbrella's after the day as it is a big enough logistical nightmare trying to get the mens ones done!! :D

The deadline for guaranteed orders is 09/06/2006 which is the last day before I need to let the guy doing the work know what to order. Any one not specified by then will have to take a chance as there will be a few spares on the day but you may have to get them afterwards as we simply can't afford to have a huge stock on the day. The point i'm making is................ GET ORDERING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Any queries please post here or PM me.

Cheers,

Pete :)

I think these Fruit of the Loom sizes are on the small side personally so would suggest people go up a size from their normal choice i.e large = XL XL = 2XL medium = large etc.

yup they are. we had some t-shirts made for us a while back. and was always advised to go 1 size up with FOTL...

12.Edd T - Me & my lady friend - no t-shirt or brolly - will eat anything probably at least 4 burgers ;) no power run thanks...

12.Edd T - Me & my lady friend - no t-shirt or brolly - will eat anything probably at least 4 burgers no power run thanks...

13. whitesupratt + 1, eats anything, 1 x Medium T-Shirt

Just added whitesupratt as requested.

Bad news on the dyno front! :( Seems Thor are unavailable so it's a no go unless we change the date!! Not sure what you all think as to whether it's worth doing as we have had a limited number of replies to getting a power run so might just leave that side of things off but it's what you guys and girls think that counts????

Some people have raised the point that Sunday 9th July is the football world cup final!!!! :blink:

The event would probably kick-off at 9am and run till say 6-7pm and I imagine unless England make the final it won't be as important to watch? (hides behind large object to protect himself!) If it is, there will be a TV in the pub which is surely where most football matches are watched??????

If not, can I get an indication of who would like to postpone the event a week or two???????

Pain in the butt as J-Tuner advetised it for us but I may be able to get them to put a re-draft in next month's issue if necessary!

Your comments please peeps!! :)

Pete

12.Edd T - Me & my lady friend - no t-shirt or brolly - will eat anything probably at least 4 burgers no power run thanks...

14. Pig + 1, food please, Maybe to power run. Depends what stage im at. 1x umbrella please!

I'm tempted to postpone this until the end of July as the weather should be good by then and this won't clash with the World Cup!! In addition, I would really like to get Pete from Thor to attend so we can stick a few cars on the rollers to see what they can do!! :D

The new dates would be either:

- 30th July

- 23rd July - but would mean no camping probably as there are bands booked in for the Saturday 22nd July.

Otherwise, we can go into the beginning of August but not my preference!! ;)

The reason being we are trying to do this for charity and get as many people to attend as possible and raise some money but I know the world cup final will draw a fair number of owners/enthusiasts even if we don't reach the final!!

Can we all still give me the other details i.e food requirements and t-shirt/brollie orders so I can get these done regardless but I need to know your thoughts on changing the date??

Either PM or stick them up here for us all to see!! :D If we still have 99% of the people listed available and not fussed about missing the final then will probably go ahead as originally organised!

Let me know ASAP please people.

Cheers,

Pete

Guest dee_rz

30th of july would be excellent my big single will be on and tune complete etc on 15th july so 30th july sounds good to me august also fine for me, would be nice if we had a definate from j tuner too would be a great write up for us and them, would make a great feature :cool:

added mine to list too :)

14. Pig + 1, food please, Maybe to power run. Depends what stage im at. 1x umbrella please!

15. dee_rz + 1 food please again not fussy, 1 medium t shirt,1 umbrella and maybe yes to the power run too (what dyno will this be?? i.e what type etc)

Guest EncoreWRC

wat date is it on now?? and i know you said its a faily orientated pub but would it be ok to bring the kiddies along??

cheers

ian