The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAQ: Oil, Fluid, Interval, Capacity, Steering, Brake, Coolant, Diff, Engine.

Alex

It's spot on for the diff, but no good for the 6 speed box. If you want an oil for that use the Amsoil ATF, Fuchs ATF4400 or Motul Multi ATF.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-442-atfs.aspx

Cheers

Tim

Hi,

I want to put an order with you guys, the only fluid that I am still not sure about is for the V160 manual gearbox what do you recomend?

Differential Oil: 2lt of 75w90 - Silkolene Syn 5

Engine Oil: 5lt Pro S 10w-50 / Silkolene PRO S

Brake Fluid: 2lt of Motul RBF660

NGK Plugs: NGK 6097

Do you sell oil filters? I will take 1 of them too.

I would like to order this within the next few days so it will be home by the time I arrive.

I have a facelift VVTI TT6 Basic Performance Upgrade

The BPU upgrades allow the engine to produce more power by raising the boost pressure the turbos produce.

VVTi

Adjusts the intake cam timing. This gives significantly more low end torque, and helps the larger turbo'd car spool earlier.

Also am I able to pay via paypal?

Many thanks,:D

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those three oils that I mentioned earlier (Amsoil ATF, Fuchs ATF4400 and Motul Multi ATF) are the ones that we stock that are suitable for the V160 manual gearbox. I know it's a manual and they are ATFs, but many manual gearboxes use ATFs if they require a thin oil. The Amsoil is probably the most popular one in the V160s, but that's only because it's been around longer. The other two both meet the specs of the gearbox and are fine to use.

Because of the heavy fees that Paypal charge, we've stopped accepting it as it would mean that we'd have to reduce the discounts that we give. We take all major cards apart from American Express though.

Those three oils that I mentioned earlier (Amsoil ATF, Fuchs ATF4400 and Motul Multi ATF) are the ones that we stock that are suitable for the V160 manual gearbox. I know it's a manual and they are ATFs, but many manual gearboxes use ATFs if they require a thin oil. The Amsoil is probably the most popular one in the V160s, but that's only because it's been around longer. The other two both meet the specs of the gearbox and are fine to use.

Because of the heavy fees that Paypal charge, we've stopped accepting it as it would mean that we'd have to reduce the discounts that we give. We take all major cards apart from American Express though.

Thank you Oilman what a fantastic service you have..! Grafter hey..!

I've managed to get my new card this afternoon so that will be fine to pay by card. Is there a discount code that I can use right now apart from my 10% club discount? You have so many discounts it's hard to keep up..! haha

Just registered on your site oilman and was wondering what is the current best brand of Fully Synthetic 10w40 oil to go for? Also any extra discount code wouldn't go amiss ;).

Am wanting 5ltr to keep the oil topped up but no idea what the hell was in it before now and prob should mention I'm getting the puff off blue smoke on start up so probable have some leaky valve seals so if a different thickness would be better then I'm all ears.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi mate, I was looking at the 5w40 Shell Ultra Helix for my NA. I only do short journeys (6-10 mile trips), i wont be going on track days or anything like that.

fantastic oil i use this in my accord after 6-10k change its like blood coming out of the sump still has its properties

Non of my local shell petrol stations sell shell ultra helix in a 5 litre bottle :(

so I'll be going for either motul or mobile 1 instead.

Just wanted to know which would be better suited to my short 6-10 mile trips, 5w-30 or 5w40. What's the difference?

On the op it mentions that na supra's came out the factory with 5w30 oil.

Thanks in advance?

5w40 IMO. I'd hold out for an educated answer though :)

Oh, if going with a thin oil replace it regularly..... 6 months... for such short trips :)

If you want a longer lasting oil go with a 10w50... but make sure you warm the car up before doing anything with it.

• 3 weeks later...