The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 6 speed t61

afennell

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A house!!!!

Also a little mr2 so I don’t kill myself with depression.

Just can't live without a fun car. I admit it would probably be a better idea to put all the money into a house, but my car is my escape and stress relief.

nice one Adam. what are you buying now?

Some one got a good deal!

Ill find out tommorrow when i go for a compression test. If its bad news its going on to blocks in my garage :(

Hopefully it will be good news but there is a very slim chance!

Bit less, shame the market is not that good. You are getting an awful lot of car for little money with Supras at the moment.

yeah but it's still good money. It's not like they've turned to shitter old cars as a lot of 10 - 12 yr old cars have. They still hold reasonable value. I was just wondering because I was under the impression that 'extra' special cars, e.g. single turbos like yours or newer facelift motors were going for circa £10.5 - £11k but I wasn't sure since quite often people don't say what a car went for or what they paid for it (e.g. I'm sure Jake got a great deal on the RSP vvti single but we dont' know for sure what he paid), but then there's others saying "your asking price should be £10.5k" on a regular manual tt - with induction and usual shite but nothing 'special'.

yeah but it's still good money. It's not like they've turned to shitter old cars as a lot of 10 - 12 yr old cars have. They still hold reasonable value. I was just wondering because I was under the impression that 'extra' special cars, e.g. single turbos like yours or newer facelift motors were going for circa £10.5 - £11k but I wasn't sure since quite often people don't say what a car went for or what they paid for it (e.g. I'm sure Jake got a great deal on the RSP vvti single but we dont' know for sure what he paid), but then there's others saying "your asking price should be £10.5k" on a regular manual tt - with induction and usual shite but nothing 'special'.

That’s a fare point, you can only sell items at what the market at the time is dictating.

All I can say is that its not the asking price (when do you ever sell for the asking price) but I’m happy with it, and I hope the proposed buyer is.

Was it Flat4 who bought it in the end?

No, he was interested though.

I have no doubt when, if the deal goes through he will let himself known. I'm happy knowing its going to a club member and an enthusiast who will look after her, other then someone from autotrader who does not realise the extra maintenance and attention these cars need.

I’m starting to feel all emotional talking about her like this. [sAD][/sAD]

Well, im proud to say that i am the new owner of this gorgeous car. Flew down to Stansted today to have a look at it/Buy it. Adam picked me up from the airport and i was driving home in it a few hours after that. Dont think ill get the smile off my face for a good few weeks. Was a quality drive home apart from the traffic with it being a Friday afternoon, but it just gave me more time to pose lol.

Adam can i just say you are a top guy and be rest assured that your car has gone to a good home and be well looked after. I know how it feels to have someone drive your pride and joy away. Good luck with the house hunting, hope you and your girlfriend find somewhere nice and then you can start saving for another Supra. In the meantime im sure you will love the MR2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.