The mkiv Supra Owners Club

berkshire area meet??

dark stranger

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanted to get a picture of your Supe with the castle in the background then I would have to recommend trying The Long Walk as in pics below (2nd picture shows Rolls' on the walk itself but don't think that you'd get away with that).

I'd be interested in coming along to this meet too (weather dependant though).

lwalk01.jpg

lwalk02.jpg

Hi Guys, just seen your pm Ray, Cheers!

I'm sure i can be around for this. These comments about slough have made me laugh :)

Anyway, anywhere around the areas are good for me, i've got a stinking cold today so am not really full of any bright ideas!

1.dark stranger

2.Ray (slough / windsor)

3.Rush (meet in slough/cruise to windsor)

4.terribleturner + How_supra

5.Homer (Anywhere M4 ish!)

6.MKIVDreamer (anywhere)

7.Stonkin

Christian

From a personal perspective Windsor or Reading would be the destinations of choice.

1.dark stranger

2.Ray (slough / windsor)

6.MKIVDreamer (anywhere)

7.Stonkin

8.VIL (Windsor or Reading)

Hi Stonkin :thumbs: Hope you have gotten rid of your cold :)

As for the the meet I say Windsor. We can park up behind Brown's on the river. That has a car park behind it and have a drink & food in Browns too :)

MKIVdreamer is also coming too. Have we any dates set yet?

Edit: -

1.dark stranger

2.Ray (slough / windsor)

6.MKIVDreamer (anywhere)

7.Stonkin

8.VIL (Windsor or Reading)

9.Raymanuk + 1

Got it :clap:

Ok, how about we all meet up at the.....

Copthorrne Hotel (Cippenham Lane, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2YE)

.....before heading down the A355 to Windsor to a nice little pub by the river. Can't remember the name but there is a slight possibility of getting a fare few cars parked up without too much hassle.

Not sure about the parking situation at The Copthorne, but if we can't get into the car park we'll just have to wait outside of it. Shall we say meet there around 19:30 to depart at 19:45 which should mean we'll get to the pub for 8ish. Will be cool as we'll all have to cruise past the castle :clap: Then some nice shots of the cars by the river.

I amaze myself sometimes :p

Retail park will definitely have more parking than the Copthorne.

I think the pub James is talking about used to be called "The Donkey House" right on the river behind the Riverside train station - I think its called "The River House" these days, but it used to only be open during the Summer...Parking for about 12 cars maybe...?

Or there's The Royal Oak at the front of the station on Datchet road, there's free parking after 6pm down the side of The Home Park Recreation Ground about 1 minute walk away, down the Romney Lock Road - easily take 20+ cars...

I know there are lots of suggestions about meeting points already but it would be a good idea to find a meeting point with plenty of parking and easy for everyone to find.

If people come off the M4 there are loads of large car parks along the A4 into Slough. For instance, Currys car park (next to PC World) springs to mind, easy to find and loads of parking? Any thoughts?