Dark Angel

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eyefi,

Couldn't have put it better myself m8. What better than a monster car with the manners of a saint! I've never had a manual Supe and to be honest; I don't want one now as I wouldn't want to loose the graceful and refined style of the auto. I'm happy with my lot but its driving preference at the end of the day!:thumbs:

the auto is like a magic carpet :) i drove mine the other day and was amazed how smooth it was (after a few months in the manual).

What exactly does 'personal opinion' mean?

Ask yourself this:

Can an opinion be impersonal?;)

My personal opinion is exactly what it says on the tin...My personal or individual opinion on a subject or item and not in the context of a general opinion of a group of people on a particular subject. It couldn't be simpler really ??? Why do you not understand that then JohnA ??? Beats me why you asked that ???

• 5 weeks later...

Although i havnt driven an auto or a triptronic supra i have driven a ferrari 360 challenge car (no seriously i have) that had the flappy padle on the steering wheel, yea it was fast shifting and had an aggresive clutch but id rather a manual, thats just my opinion tho :)

Have a look at Marks thread regarding drag times and you'll see the top cars are all auto's... At the moment!

Guess theyre all shite drivers :D

Come on guys, where's the fun in being driven?

I prefer being in control of the car. Anyways, its a personal opinion, try both and see which one you prefer.

It really is what you prefer, but people who say the auto is shit, do not know what they are talking about at all. Because it isnt. Its an excellent auto box.

Most people who say the auto is shit have never driven an auto supra, and most probably havent even driven an auto car.

I personally would change to the manual, as i like the auto box so much. The manual is also good, and i have actually driven all three, auto 5speed and 6 speed. The auto is the one for me.

having driven both,, and currently owning a T61 with an auto box.. i love it..

however this all depends on your requirements and wich suits your driving.

the auto is superb for motorways A roads and of course the drag strip, but if you are intending to do alot of hard track days i would tend to steer towards the manual,

I took two manuals, an two auto's out before I bought a soop, an I picked the auto. The auto is great in most circumstances, an is much easier to live with around town, (espesh with uprated clutches). I think a manual will give slightly better control around a track, but how often do you go out on a track ?. Like others have said, its all down to the individual, my advice (for what its worth), to anyone looking to buy a soop, would be to test drive both.

I currently own an auto, since going single i am looking for a manual conversion. The reason for this is that i have always loved manual cars as there is more to do, and IMO more fun to be had.

Im going to be off to test some manuals 1st though as i have only had the pleasure of being a passenger in one with twins (which seemed vey jerky)

The manual is a fantastic option

I just get pissed off with people who think the auto is somewhat inferior when it really isnt.

Both the auto and the manual perform really well. It really is down to choice.

One "advantage" that i find with the auto is that it can encourage you to drive a little more sensible sometimes as its so pleasant to pootle around with the auto set up.

Manuals are far more aggressive and tend to bring out the boy racer in me, which isnt too good :D

Manual is better on track because you can hold a gear off throttle.

Don't forget that a Supra off throttle is also off boost, so even in the correct gear you've got to build boost back up!

Also, the Auto keeps boost better on gear change so in MANU mode an Auto could be as quick around a track, most of the people on hear probably think they are Michael Schumacher and that they are KING DICK with the clutch and gearbox but the honest truth is that the Supra is probably more capable than most can make it be :soap:

P.s i would like a manual as i think i am a driving god.:)