The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New PDA Friendly Style

mawby

Available from your usercp options or via the dropdown at the bottom of the page is a forum style included especially for roboldham. It's called "PDA Friendly" and does exactly what it says on the tin. I doubt many of you will get much use from it, but for PDA mad people like Rob it should allow you to browse the forum from a mobile device. Don't expect any of the forum addons to work though (so no the arcade wont work with it once it's back!) and although you can access the forum home page, I'm anticipating having to re-direct PDA browsers from it and straight to /vbb as I doubt the page has much chance of displaying properly.

Anyway, have a play let me know if there's any major issues. It is still under development by the author so hopefully more parts of the system will become available as time goes by.

I've surfed the BBS from a PDA before using Pocket IE.

It has a few different modes for browsing, but basically you can either have a long "column" spread over lots of vertical pages with a scrollbar down the side, or "desktop" in which you just get a PDA-sized window onto the full sized page and you scroll around.

To save me having to go look for myself, what is different on the PDA version?

• 3 weeks later...