The mkiv Supra Owners Club

They are coming for you car, or cars and so much more

rider

The net zero crowd have lots of initiatives underway in towns and cities around the globe. Nothing has ever been voted through on a wave of popular support but instead it is being put in place for our own good. 

For towns there is the 15 minute cities being piloted around the World, in England the test centres are Oxford and Canterbury. Oxford has been segmented into 6 precincts and people will only be able to drive between precincts 100 times a year per household. If it a 2 car household that is 50 permits to travel per year each. More car owners then the fewer permits for each car owner. You can still cross precinct boundaries but you'll be fined £70 for each time that occurs. It'll make that Hospital or KFC run pretty expensive. You can walk between precincts freely or use public transport.

For cities there are the C40 cities. London is the UK pilot. Goal is to reduce car ownership to zero by 2030. Yes, that is correct, the target is zero private car ownership in London by 2030. The goal is worst case at 65% reduction in car ownership.

There has been some MSM coverage on the concepts. The BBC did a very supportive what it'll mean for you and environment 20 minute film. All great, necessary to the save the planet  The Oxford trial has hit some resistance. The council has announced that the trial will be going ahead whether residents like it or not. There has been some civil disobedience with over £80k of resident activity towards barriers being installed. This has not been covered at all in the MSM.

It's all very conspiracy type but it is actually happening. Anyone can get up to speed by reading the WEF and UN websites and searching for 15 minute and C40 cities. The interesting thing is its a global phenomena, how did the likes of Oxford get involved in a UN project without anyone being voted in on adopting the policy? It is very well coordinated without the need for the residents, citizens or voters to ever get involved.

9 hours ago, Andy Ven said:

Bring back guy fawkes all is forgiven

Yeah, in recent years, I couldn't help but rethink the idea of burning the poor fella every year. 

This year, I think I might chuck a model of Westminster on the fire and have Guy Fawkes sat chilling with us, beer in hand. 

Interesting read Rider, not withstanding the shear lunacy of such a proposal of zero car ownership by 2030. Our public transport system is truly awful and we are years behind the continent in every way. Our rail network is dilapidated and archaic, buses schedules are crap and the things that do work are overcrowded already and expensive.

Looks like I best get myself a horse 😄