The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Now on the opposite side

marc_p

Strange to think I’m approaching my 15th anniversary of being a member on here after owning 4 Supra’s.

As many on here, my love of Supra’s started with the infamous orange Supra from the original The Fast and The Furious.

Which is why I now find it quite surreal to be driving the other car from ‘that’ race!!!

So, anyone up north in a big single fancy destroying an F355 off the lights to replicate that scene?😂

E18B05C7-4ACD-4993-B989-586B7F91E2B6.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wile e coyote said:

Amazing Marc 

Is it manual or f1

I had the 348 for my wedding many years ago ,was a manual

I considered a 360 before getting the lc

Chickened out as the running costs would be a lot more than a reliable Lexus lol

One day

Manual GTS so it’s also a targa, just like the Supra……..and the Corvette……bit of a pattern appearing😄

I’ve got a massive ‘want’ for an LC, tbh I was hoping they’d suffer the usual Lexus depreciation for a second hand bargain…….looking like it’ll be a long wait, so sticking with my old ‘02 530i as the daily beater for now😁

Sold the Corvette last year, really miss that car, wasn’t even up for sale, just had someone offer me a great price for it(more than I paid for it 5 years ago).

Really want to get on another Dragonball, I’d be half tempted to take the Caterham though, did a 2500 mile euro trip in one previously and was great fun.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, raddys said:

Here's one I went for a little cruise with before, absolute work of art, the owner had a collection of cars and said he preferred driving his supra, I told him he is mad 😂Screenshot_20230107_202553_Instagram.jpg.68a8b802f1eb7b176a0733ad1ab0bc9b.jpgScreenshot_20230107_202545_Instagram.jpg.361f3bab810583ffd9e692452820f9fc.jpg

Lovely Supe and a fantastic plate!!!

They are very different cars that are suited for differing situations. The 355 is an incredible car that produces sounds I didn’t think possible, but you can’t push it like you can with the Supra. With the Supra I could happily kick the back end out and with it being such a controllable car, I felt like you could really work the car at it’s limit. When it comes to the 355, I would be fearful to get close or put it at its limit, as the car will likely chew you up and spit you out

36 minutes ago, mharvey said:

Absolute dream! If you fancy swapping for your 5th Supra 😉 haha

Congratulations!!

With the way Supra prices have been going I’ll hold you to that 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, marc_p said:

Lovely Supe and a fantastic plate!!!

They are very different cars that are suited for differing situations. The 355 is an incredible car that produces sounds I didn’t think possible, but you can’t push it like you can with the Supra. With the Supra I could happily kick the back end out and with it being such a controllable car, I felt like you could really work the car at it’s limit. When it comes to the 355, I would be fearful to get close or put it at its limit, as the car will likely chew you up and spit you out

With the way Supra prices have been going I’ll hold you to that 😂

Cheers 😁 

Yes definitely, 355's sound out of this world! 

And yes definitely got to be more careful in a 355, never driven one but I'd imagine if you had the back end out on a rear engined car it would be abit of a kind of pendulum effect and very tricky to correct compared to the supra.

With regards to dragonball, you should definitely come on Burnas run in Sept to nurburgring, in the 355 I might add, sod the miles and depreciation haha. Its going to be a right laugh if France was anything to go by!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marc_p said:

Manual GTS so it’s also a targa, just like the Supra……..and the Corvette……bit of a pattern appearing😄

I’ve got a massive ‘want’ for an LC, tbh I was hoping they’d suffer the usual Lexus depreciation for a second hand bargain…….looking like it’ll be a long wait, so sticking with my old ‘02 530i as the daily beater for now😁

Sold the Corvette last year, really miss that car, wasn’t even up for sale, just had someone offer me a great price for it(more than I paid for it 5 years ago).

Really want to get on another Dragonball, I’d be half tempted to take the Caterham though, did a 2500 mile euro trip in one previously and was great fun.

Yep another reason I went for the lc as it seems to be holding its value atm, mind im putting some miles on it what with Dragonball and The run

Be great if you can make one or both of them

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:26 AM, marc_p said:

Strange to think I’m approaching my 15th anniversary of being a member on here after owning 4 Supra’s.

As many on here, my love of Supra’s started with the infamous orange Supra from the original The Fast and The Furious.

Which is why I now find it quite surreal to be driving the other car from ‘that’ race!!!

So, anyone up north in a big single fancy destroying an F355 off the lights to replicate that scene?😂

E18B05C7-4ACD-4993-B989-586B7F91E2B6.jpeg

Once my car's back around Easter then I'll have a go some time 😄