The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's happening to the UK?

SupraAyf

With the USA debt a big chunk is car lease. No one in a job actually buys a car in America and they pretty much all do a new trade in every 2 years. When I was living there it always amazed me that people earning $150k a year were still doing usually 2 cars on rolling finance. There are many tube vloggers that recon it'll be the car finance market that collapses banking before mortgage defaults get a look in.

8 minutes ago, Style said:

Well if anything at least that haunted pencil, Jacob Rees Mogg has been shown the door.

Hopefully Rishi can outlast a lettuce this time around, what a shambles.

So many in that party that should be kicked out the commons let alone their party, devious and two faced is being polite 

6 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

How much of that personal debt is mortgages? And we all know Brits love to get the latest car on finance. Its all in the interpretation 

I'm pretty sure this is the Country's debt and then that amount is divided by the population to get this stat?    

The UK national debt being "the total amount of money the British government owes to the private sector and other purchasers of UK gilts"

The personal debt is a different/separate/additional figure?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys but our household is bracing itself for a few financial knocks for when the Autumn budget is announced this Thursday.

Everything seems to be going 'tits-up' and unless the government's boffins can bring some form of reassuring sentiment back to the country soon then the social and economic outlook for 2023 is going to be dire.

I've even contemplated buying a 20-quid dingy and floating it out to the English channel to be subsequently rescued by the Royal National Lifeboat Taxi.  That said, I much prefer 5* hotels but I think I could just about manage a 4* star for a couple of years until I get my free social housing flat with pocket money and all the bills covered.

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

It does look a little bleak, or at least a belt tighten period for all? "Winter is coming"

Two councils (Hampshire/Kent) here down south have today notified government of potential bankruptcy in the next couple of years.

High energy prices likely sustained. 

Apparent bad news Thursday?

Christmas retail/GDP will be interesting, a barometer for how much we've all been affected? 

Stock market generally down, crypto wobble, house prices likely to be affected negatively, interest rates likely to stay elevated for a time yet. 

As time goes by more Debt has to be refinanced from the near nil to the new current rates

Possibly stressed businesses, being gradually worn down, will have to throw in the towel due to all the above effects impacting their turnover, then this can further lower sentiment/optimism as you hear of a friend of a friend being made redundant, which can lead to more belt tightening and so on.....

Hopefully we can balance things so we just all have it just that bit worse/harder and there isn't any real increase in widespread hardships or huge asset/currency crashes etc.

• Like 1

I think the powers that be know that, and are trying to ensure there aren't huge blips, the US "soft landing" type talk.

Even the most wealthy and aloof people are becoming aware of issues, but most are still pretty relaxed in general I think as they can 'just' sell X Y or Z if needed? Or cut back slightly even get two jobs.

But the issue comes if we get a sustained pinch and it gets more and more serious for more and more people, then we can get more unemployment (two jobs tricky that's if you keep the current one), start getting distressed sales (eg on leveraged BTL houses if those that have stretch themselves fear the future enough to want out?) and then that can be another spiral down. Take Supra prices, we all feel good sat on £20K+ some would say/be £40K+ but there is low turnover and people are ok waiting, if a few truly needed to sell then we could get a sentiment shift and a slide into a market with few buyers, a whiff of a declining market makes buyers nervous for the same reasons the sellers are hence why any decline is usually shorter/sharper than the rise up was?  

I'm a bit extra doom and gloom I know but there are plenty of negative signals out there?

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 8:02 AM, Style said:

I'm just back from Australia, visiting the in-laws. Things are pretty bleak there too but at least the weather is better! We've started a rainy day fund with the aim to move over there at some point, at least once the dogs have crossed the bridge

We've been thinking the same but with every EU country sinking fast then I reckon we may just try and jump on a government backed Rwanda flight and get some sun. It's worth a try, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Word on the ground is stock up with non perishable foods. 

The WEF encouraged scourge of farmers in Canada, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Sri Lanka added to Billy Goats becoming the largest land owner in the USA on his insect food drive there is going to be lower grain yields and falling meat production/processing starting to 'feed' into the system next year. Already some shelves are looking very well spaced out in the Supermarkets here.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see some "awake" folks on this forum, a few other forums i still visit the people are still living in cloud cuckoo land thinking after their 6th booster everything will be ok.

When you look into whats going on, it`s all been planned for years, i`ll throw in a few keywords if anyone is interested in having a read up but trust me be prepared to be shocked.

Operation Lockstep' from 'The Rockefeller foundation.

event 201, billy gates etc,

Speaches from Klaus Schwab wef banging on about globilization

UN agendas, 2021, 2030, 2050 net zero etc

New world order, talked about over 100 years ago

I could post links to all this stuff but i`m not going to, if anyone is interested you will read about it yourself,

Oh 1 thing, don`t think you will find everything on google or ask geeves, this search engines are censored beond belief, try duckduckgo .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bignum said:

Good to see some "awake" folks on this forum, a few other forums i still visit the people are still living in cloud cuckoo land thinking after their 6th booster everything will be ok.

When you look into whats going on, it`s all been planned for years, i`ll throw in a few keywords if anyone is interested in having a read up but trust me be prepared to be shocked.

Operation Lockstep' from 'The Rockefeller foundation.

event 201, billy gates etc,

Speaches from Klaus Schwab wef banging on about globilization

UN agendas, 2021, 2030, 2050 net zero etc

New world order, talked about over 100 years ago

I could post links to all this stuff but i`m not going to, if anyone is interested you will read about it yourself,

Oh 1 thing, don`t think you will find everything on google or ask geeves, this search engines are censored beond belief, try duckduckgo .

I'd be interested to watch some of the things you're not posting.

I don't necessarily think it's all been a setup. But there's certainly things that don't seem quite right.

I still never get the "plan" 

If everything is real all of the setup then it would require a global effort with every single political party in the world and the opposition in that country working together. From putin to trump to joe biden to boris to starmer. 

They would all need to be in on it for it to work and then keep enough people in the know to carry it out but never leak it. 

I never did find out what the end game was supposed to be. 

On the uk economic outlook i live in one of the most deprived areas in the country thanet. Our large shopping center is jammed packed coffee shops full, trade must be though the roof. 

Zero sign of it biting yet here.   

• Like 2