The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sad week now Supraless

jonc3725

Hi All,

Im not a newbie nut my original account seems to be deleted

After 18 years and owning 2 x Supras the time came to end my relationship with this great car. Ive sold my car (which I have owned for 12 years) and it will move onto pastures new and a new owner.

Not sure how I feel TBH but I have been thinking about moving her on for a couple of years now. I know I will miss the spin of those Turbos and the sexiest looking car on the planet but time moves on.

Although I haven't been so active on here for the last few years its always been a great place to be and I have been lucky enough to meet some top people. I do have some spares which I will post in the for sale area in case anyone could do with bits. I wont be looking for large profits as the club has really looked after me over the past 18 years. 

Its been a great ride and this Forum certainly was a great place to be and ask questions/resolve issues. Suppliers like TCB, Whifbitz, Kieron, SRD and even Toyota themselves have been at the centre of everything I have fitted and the many many thousands I have spent keeping her maintained.

I will always pop in and out to see what people are doing with their Supras and look out for any on the road.

I will post up in the for sale over the next week or so once I empty my shelves 

Cheers

Jon

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

I've still got mine but considering doing as you have done but currently still hanging on in there!

It's a big chunk of life both owning the car and being on here and when I do get the time to either work on it or drive it, I still get a buzz and nearly every trip get some positive reaction from someone. 

But when you do sell it's the right time, finances or age or just finally fancy a change etc being attached to something can become a burden and drain of time and money, I'll try not to ever get to feeling like that but no guarantees, plus we'll always have the memories!! 

All the best for your Supraless future 🙂👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks both for the replies.

The car is off to the USA for her new life. I hope the new owner takes her to the next level.

Because this account is new and not my original account I don't have the access permissions for the "for sale" section so I will post the bits on fleabay🙄.

Its only bits and pieces as I sent quite a bit with the car but hopefully it will help other owners.

cheers

Jon

mine has been gone two years now ,do i regret selling ? yes .but with my business now gone due to covid and the utility bills ,kind of made sense as i was getting afraid to use it incase something went bang and couldnt fix it ,always stay in touch on here as you say met some top people over the years ,no bullshit forum quality cars and members 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, wile e coyote said:

yep once its in your blood it will always be

Its great to see old members regardless if there in a supra or not

Definitely, I’ll likely have another one day, although I will probably not go for big power next time, think I found mine most enjoyable when it was around 450hp.

Still got tons of parts, can’t bring myself to get rid of them though as they are my remaining link to Supra ownership😂

• Like 1