The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F Type

Dnk

Sadly it sounds like they are hit or miss like so many cars made these days. I've read some great reviews and owners not having a single problem

then dire reviews listing parts failing that really shouldn't be. Quite a lot of bad comments about Jaguar dealerships 

Such a shame as its a great looking car   

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, Dnk said:

Sadly it sounds like they are hit or miss like so many cars made these days. I've read some great reviews and owners not having a single problem

then dire reviews listing parts failing that really shouldn't be. Quite a lot of bad comments about Jaguar dealerships 

Such a shame as its a great looking car   

I've been thinking of a XF Sportbrake for ages Dunk but in the end we settled for a Volvo V90 Cross Country last week, having just got rid of a newish BMW 5 Tourer too.

My decision was all related to respective build quality & reliability issues reported on the internet so the Volvo took top slot. However, like any consumer report; it's always the negative crap that appears on the interweb and not the positive stuff so perhaps I should have gone with the Jag for its looks and style.

That being said, the Jags are really nice looking cars and if you get a good one with a credible service history then you may be onto a winner. My FIL has a 4-year old F-Pace and he really loves his car. This is his fifth or sixth consecutive Jag and I don't think he has had any issues whatsoever with any of them.

Have you thought about a Volvo; every old bloke drives one where I come from!! Lol

All the best mate,

Andrew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SupraAyf said:

I've been thinking of a XF Sportbrake for ages Dunk but in the end we settled for a Volvo V90 Cross Country last week, having just got rid of a newish BMW 5 Tourer too.

My decision was all related to respective build quality & reliability issues reported on the internet so the Volvo took top slot. However, like any consumer report; it's always the negative crap that appears on the interweb and not the positive stuff so perhaps I should have gone with the Jag for its looks and style.

That being said, the Jags are really nice looking cars and if you get a good one with a credible service history then you may be onto a winner. My FIL has a 4-year old F-Pace and he really loves his car. This is his fifth or sixth consecutive Jag and I don't think he has had any issues whatsoever with any of them.

Have you thought about a Volvo; every old bloke drives one where I come from!! Lol

All the best mate,

Andrew

I would buy a Volvo but there so dull, think they only do the C70 as a convertible and thats not ticking any boxes for me 

other than its probably reliable 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

all you see on the forums are the negatives which i think give a false picture new or newish cars these days arnt built like before ,so maintainance and history is the key ,been looking at the merc SL 06 plate cheap to buy engine solid on the 3.7 but reading its the rest of it is the problem ,still doing my homework on it atm 

13 hours ago, peter richards said:

all you see on the forums are the negatives which i think give a false picture new or newish cars these days arnt built like before ,so maintainance and history is the key ,been looking at the merc SL 06 plate cheap to buy engine solid on the 3.7 but reading its the rest of it is the problem ,still doing my homework on it atm 

To be honest like a lot of other cars I've looked at I've got a very mixed cross section of reviews on the F type, some with no 

problems and others with lists too long for me to endure. I'd go as far as to say the good outway the bad at the moment.

When looking at SL's I found some engine problems so be wary. This is useful  https://blog.fcpeuro.com/the-definitive-guide-to-the-mercedes-m272-and-m273-engines

Mercedes_M272_balance_shaft_service_bulletin.pdf

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

On 10/5/2022 at 11:45 AM, Dnk said:

I would buy a Volvo but there so dull, think they only do the C70 as a convertible and thats not ticking any boxes for me 

other than its probably reliable 

Cheeky chappy 🙂 A Volvo is dead cool Dunk, lol.

........for the older gentleman 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

Cheeky chappy 🙂 A Volvo is dead cool Dunk, lol.

........for the older gentleman 😉

I've done my share of Volvo's already even a 340 which was mind numbingly dull.

I bet the design department has Beige walls ffs everything is so sensible, I'm getting on but still want a tasty looking car. 

• Like 1

I have the p300 2018 model and it’s an amazing car. 

Handing is probably the best I have ever driven. Out handles the supra easily.

avoid the 20” wheels, go for 19s as it’s way more comfortable. 

get a good spec as the poverty spec can be a bit lacking. Make sure it has memory seats, reversing camera, front parking sensors and full leather. 

the svr version must be unbelievable as the p300 is fast enough!

the convertible has zero boot space. Couldn’t even fit my weekend bag in it. 

brakes are huge and stop the car so fast  

I’m now working in Birmingham and doing the commute twice a week and the car is a dream. 

honestly love the car and would chop one of the supras in for the v8 or svr with no hesitation. 

mine has been in for a misfire but was fixed under warranty. 

The looks are amazing too!

really an amazing car. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...