The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wide Arch Kit recommendations?

dicko2011

Hey everyone, so around 3 years ago I sold my TT Auto to fund a business expansion and thought that was it and I’d never own another the way prices were going. 

Anyway I now just managed to acquire an NA Manual as a project and I’m looking at doing a Turbo conversion and I’m wanting to wide arch it.

The question is does anyone have a wide arch supra they have done? Any suggestions on a decent kit / where to buy etc? 

Thanks 

Rob

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:40 PM, dicko2011 said:

Hey everyone, so around 3 years ago I sold my TT Auto to fund a business expansion and thought that was it and I’d never own another the way prices were going. 

Anyway I now just managed to acquire an NA Manual as a project and I’m looking at doing a Turbo conversion and I’m wanting to wide arch it.

The question is does anyone have a wide arch supra they have done? Any suggestions on a decent kit / where to buy etc? 

Thanks 

Rob

Rob,

A word of caution sir as you need to be very careful when sourcing a wide-body kit as some are very poorly produced and can be incredibly hard to fit.

I helped with the fitting of a wide-body kit many years ago. The Supra owner bought a cheap 'n' nasty kit which took many days to fit and fettle. As it turned out the finished product was never perfect and the owner (once a member on here) was incredibly pee'd off with the results and complained to the body shop for a refund.

.....so the motto of the story is to choose a suitable kit which comes from a credible supplier.

That said, my own widebody car* was fitted by Top Secret in Japan and, although the parts cost a fortune to purchase the final product is perfect.

Good luck mate,

Andrew

*  50mm wider at the front;. 100mm wider at the back 

11 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

Rob,

A word of caution sir as you need to be very careful when sourcing a wide-body kit as some are very poorly produced and can be incredibly hard to fit.

I helped with the fitting of a wide-body kit many years ago. The Supra owner bought a cheap 'n' nasty kit which took many days to fit and fettle. As it turned out the finished product was never perfect and the owner (once a member on here) was incredibly pee'd off with the results and complained to the body shop for a refund.

.....so the motto of the story is to choose a suitable kit which comes from a credible supplier.

That said, my own widebody car* was fitted by Top Secret in Japan and, although the parts cost a fortune to purchase the final product is perfect.

Good luck mate,

Andrew

*  50mm wider at the front;. 100mm wider at the back 

Thanks … I am not looking for cheap and would happily pay the money for a decent kit 👍

10 hours ago, Dnk said:

This was mine, don't forget buying the wheels to go with it.

If you could buy the TRD kit now I'd think you'd be into £15-£20k buy the time your done if not more  

supra2007 1.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

Looks great that. I’ve already got the wheels for a wide arch from 4 years ago when I sold my TT as I kept them thankfully.

it’s going to be a long term project this I’d say but looking forward to it 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dicko2011 said:

Love this mate looks awesome. Not sure where to start modifying the oem panels but any advice please let me know 👊🏼👍

I'd get a proper panel beater to do it. Can be difficult making it symmetrical bro.

Hit me up if you want a quote. My guy can price it for you. Its metal by the way. No fibreglass.