The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steve Manley - Toyota

esskiboy

I found Steve was getting harder to track down around 2018, probably as parts became increasingly discontinued. Lets face it who wants to waste time chasing non existent parts. It's not just Steve, other suppliers I've bought £thousands of parts from in 2016/17 now ignore my email request for pricing and availability. So, I just negotiated a trade discount with my local Toyota dealer and buy my parts through them or from US official Toyota dealers like McGeorge.

• Like 1

You can also try Lee at SRD, Keron at Extreme Performance, Paul at TCB Parts or Paul at Whifbitz  All do very good rates on parts.

Traditional Toyota dealers that I've engaged with, other than Steve Manley, have never been able to compete with the non-franchise affiliated traders.

I haven't had a any emails responded to by TCB since 2020, I have spent a ton of money there. I gave up after three separate email enquiries went ignored. I gave up on Steve Manley after three separate enquiries went ignored, I have spent more than a ton of money there. I'll give up on any supplier after three requests get ignored.

11 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Exactly, same here and I used him a few times too. I think he had a mental health episode, or a family crisis. If anyone knows thats factually incorrect please correct me.

His old man passed away and they ran the business together

• Like 1

Try your local Toyota dealer, some are really good and some are terrible.

I tried one in Shirley (Solihull) and they were worse than bad, the one in B'ham at Fort Dunlop was very helpful and gave me good discount but you have to be cheeky and ask, same goes for when I use BMW 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

I have to confess I'd given up using him as he never responded to my emails. It"s a shame as he was previously very reliable.

Yes I have recently had this, I did get a response with good prices but tried calling the last two weeks to make payment but no answer.

Bought a full set of UK spec brake disc for the other car from Keron as I rebuilt the callipers etc, responded the next day and they were shipped and delivered within 2 days. Great service.

My local Toyota dealer cannot get near the prices given by others.

• Like 1

I think he said he’s working in the parts department for an agriculture company. Just fancied a change and something a bit closer to home.

He’s suggested giving mike a call at fish brothers toyota in swindon. I’ve dealt with Mike before and he’s a top bloke (think he used to work with steve at Inchcape).

• Like 2