The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alternator - Twin Turbo 1993 J-Spec

kurkjones

Hi all, 

Relatively new to the forum and looking for advice/to purchase a new alternator for said Supra. Mine is only charging the battery when revving over 2k rpm. 

OEM Number = 2706046120

When put into Autodoc, it showed 12v x 100A alternators. Just saying this incase anyone knows different!

Any good brands to go for?

Thanks

Kurk

Thanks @keron. I'll take a look. It was the verdict of the AA after I took it a drive and then switched car off, it wouldn't start up again. They came out and had a multimeter on car and had me rev. Said it was maybe half the brushes inside had become ineffective.

do the tip ex test on the crank pulley... put a paint line across the face of it, after running it a couple times on the spot, see if the line splits..... very common.... sounds like this really as the aux belt doesnt catch if the pulley has split....

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.