The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIAGNOSTICS MULTI PIN SOCKETS FOR A "SYVECS" ECU BASED UPGRADE ON A 1995 2JZ GE?

herbiemercman

If you have a "Syvecs" ECU upgrade with all new senders etc, am i right in thinking that the tuners will replace the old diagnostics multi pin socket,on top of the engine, with a new socket for measuring fault codes on the new upgrade, ECU set up?

I am told that most garages now use EOB2 fault code machines for modern day cars? I also assume the tuners who have done your car will also supply the appropriate plug in socket?

The diagnostic port from the factory will be redundant. All modern ECU's will either have a USB or Ethernet port that you can plug into with a laptop that will give you a view into everything that the ECU is doing. OB2 is not relevant in this case

Hi Mike, I used to get help and info from you many years back, you once told me you knew a good tuning company south of London, i am now on their waiting list for a  ECU (Syvecs) and full supporting sensors etc. I did not want to pester Lee, so i asked the diagnostics question on our Club site.

The waiting list could be end of August as well as there being a waiting list for the delivery of one of the key components.

Thank you for your reply i never thought i would one day be visiting your tuning company. herbiemercman. ( Ian Jones). Preston Lancs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, herbiemercman said:

Hi Mike, My mechanic friend said you need some software, you cannot just plug into a laptop and get all the fault codes from the Syvecs ECU? Could it be that the new ECU has the software required built into the ECU and feed this into the laptop?

I believe the Syvecs software is freeware so, if you don't have a toucan, you'll be able to plug your laptop in via USB and read the codes on the software.