The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Agreed Value of a Mk4 Supra TT6 - June 2022

rider

There was a time, sadly no longer, when I would input every 12 months a little piece on Supra values which hopefully helped some people to set their insurance valuation level especially for those adopting or renewing agreed value policies. There has been a few mention recently that Supra prices seem to have stalled, I'm not convinced that is actually correct with new price records being set regularly at auctions.

Supra prices today are led very much by the public auction and trade advertised cars. Private listings vary wildly, probably reflecting a finger in the air approach to pricing or the I've seen others go for that pricing. Today thought, its fairly consistent that you cannot get a good pick of TT 6speed cars for less than £60k. Sure some will pop up in the £50k region but if you want to go to market talking to an importer with a wish list you need more like £65k+ to smack onto a table these days. 

Consequently, I have raised my Supra agreed value to £65k which in a total loss situation is enough, I believe, to give me a good shot at finding a replacement that I would be happy with. That reflects the market today, in a few months time it may not. Fortunately, the insurance underwriter doesn't have a tracker requirement under £75k. The broker contact I have is Phil Dunne at Hagerty UK. He gets involved in the more exotic stuff and we have had lengthy talks about the crazy Supra World so he is well up to speed on these cars.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

I suspect there will be a fair few people very shortly trying to get the same.

They should all talk to Hagerty.

The only likely issue for many is they don't like mods. Alternative wheels, a non OEM exhaust and the like are OK if named but they aren't into anything major. Advantages are that they will work with you, I had my building where I work on my cars on a ramp, sometimes for weeks at a time, approved as an 'overnight garage'. When I did my underside refurb the Supra sat on the ramp minus its rear sub frame for weeks and would have not been insured without this agreement. They do approve values from a write up and a few pics and they have always gone with my requested agreed value price. And they don't insist on trackers above £50k like many insurance brokers/underwriters do.

I've been with Hagerty for years and never an issue, but then I've never had to claim. That after all is when you really find out how good an insurer is.

2 hours ago, rider said:

There was a time, sadly no longer, when I would input every 12 months a little piece on Supra values which hopefully helped some people to set their insurance valuation level especially for those adopting or renewing agreed value policies. There has been a few mention recently that Supra prices seem to have stalled, I'm not convinced that is actually correct with new price records being set regularly at auctions.

Supra prices today are led very much by the public auction and trade advertised cars. Private listings vary wildly, probably reflecting a finger in the air approach to pricing or the I've seen others go for that pricing. Today thought, its fairly consistent that you cannot get a good pick of TT 6speed cars for less than £60k. Sure some will pop up in the £50k region but if you want to go to market talking to an importer with a wish list you need more like £65k+ to smack onto a table these days. 

Consequently, I have raised my Supra agreed value to £65k which in a total loss situation is enough, I believe, to give me a good shot at finding a replacement that I would be happy with. That reflects the market today, in a few months time it may not. Fortunately, the insurance underwriter doesn't have a tracker requirement under £75k. The broker contact I have is Phil Dunne at Hagerty UK. He gets involved in the more exotic stuff and we have had lengthy talks about the crazy Supra World so he is well up to speed on these cars.

Phil is a great guy and he insures my Supra too. They actually know who you are when you call up and are definitely head and shoulders above the competition. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, rider said:

Can you put a link o a number for this contact of your please 

much appreciated