The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SOLD 1994 U.K. spec single turbo built manual

Crash Bandicoot

Sorry for late reply, been up and down the hospital a lot lately.

I’ve got about 1/2 the car unwrapped so far, the exterior panels it’s coming off lovely, except one slight peel near the underside on the rear 3/4. The inside of the doors and tight hard to see places are proving a little more tricky with a few tiny areas of paint coming away with the wrap… but overall better than I expected. 

im currently waiting on the previous owner to get back to me with the paint code.

no filler or issues found yet, and I think it’s held up stupidly well for a 94 U.K. spec rust wise! 

im either going to get any touch ups done when the wrap is all off, or sell as it is.

I think the £34k im asking is more than fair and alot less than I was expecting to ever drop tbh. 

unfortuantely I won’t be selling parts off it at all, it can go as is with the awesome engine and the few nice bits it has like the wheels etc. 

Edited by Crash Bandicoot (see edit history)

Just a heads up for anyone reading this later on down the line, it's worth using 3m or Image Perfect vinyl wrap remover solution if you're stripping a vehicle with potentially sensitive paint. Ignore what the bottle says and leave the solution on over night instead of the recommended 20mins.

The wrap will fall off the following morning with the aid of a steamer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crash Bandicoot said:

Any links to these products mate?

the 3m seems to be a first step solution where glue remover is needed after…

image perfect (on the only site I’ve found anyway) doesn’t offer an option to purchase 😞

Last time I bought the Image Perfect solution, I bought it from Spandex. You might need to set up an account with them. It's quite expensive compared to the 3M, but worth the difference in cost, IMO.

29 minutes ago, Crash Bandicoot said:

I’m not self employed, so don’t have a VAT number, therefore I can’t create an account with spandex 😞

You don't need a VAT number as not everyone who is self employed is VAT registered. Maybe see if they can set you up a cash account. 

I’ll message then and see what they can do. 
I’m 50% of the way there, it’s painful on the old fingers, so wouldn’t mind trying it for the remaining half.

considering it may need a couple of small paint touch ups, I’m happy to let this go for £33k as is (all wrap off) otherwise, I’ll have any small bits sorted at my expense but will readvertise probably at £35k again. 

1 minute ago, Crash Bandicoot said:

I’ll message then and see what they can do. 
I’m 50% of the way there, it’s painful on the old fingers, so wouldn’t mind trying it for the remaining half.

considering it may need a couple of small paint touch ups, I’m happy to let this go for £33k as is (all wrap off) otherwise, I’ll have any small bits sorted at my expense but will readvertise probably at £35k again. 

I hear you. Sometimes I undertake rebrands which involves de-wrapping. Something I do that might help is to pick up a decent sized corner on each panel you're removing and then slip on some gloves to do the pulling. It really saves the fingers. A steamer is also better than a heat gun. 

I think you're being very fair with the price considering is a built single. 👍

On 8/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, Crash Bandicoot said:

Sorry for late reply, been up and down the hospital a lot lately.

I’ve got about 1/2 the car unwrapped so far, the exterior panels it’s coming off lovely, except one slight peel near the underside on the rear 3/4. The inside of the doors and tight hard to see places are proving a little more tricky with a few tiny areas of paint coming away with the wrap… but overall better than I expected. 

im currently waiting on the previous owner to get back to me with the paint code.

no filler or issues found yet, and I think it’s held up stupidly well for a 94 U.K. spec rust wise! 

im either going to get any touch ups done when the wrap is all off, or sell as it is.

I think the £34k im asking is more than fair and alot less than I was expecting to ever drop tbh. 

unfortuantely I won’t be selling parts off it at all, it can go as is with the awesome engine and the few nice bits it has like the wheels etc. 

If you are still waiting back on the paint code, I believe it is Daewoo Aqua Marine Blue https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?paintx=1992|Daewoo|Aquamarine Blue|165633

24 minutes ago, Tyson said:

That’s the one buddy.

thanks for the find :thumbs:

still currently half unwrapped as I’ve been up and down the hospital a lot lately and just haven’t had time to finish it.

I’ll push the sale when it’s done and hopefully generate some more interest 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, 

Had the best news yesterday, mothers results show that there is a substantial reduction in the cancers. So the chemo is working.

On the supra side of things, I’m about 70% of the way through unwrapping it.

no panel damage found, no filler etc. a few tiny paint pulls in tight places that imo don’t detract from the overall aesthetics. 

is anyone wanting an amazing built supra for a bargain price?!

• Like 2

Thanks scooter, this really is the best news we’ve had in ages 👍

one last minute quick offer for the supra…

If anyone is thinking about buying this, I’d take £31k right now if it can be collected in the next 7 days.

This is far less than I was expecting to drop to but an opportunity has come up that I’m looking to jump on.

if this doesn’t go in the next week, I’ll be going through it with a fine tooth comb and getting it to 100% and readvertising at a higher, more suited price when done. 

I’ll be taking a huge loss on it at this price. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crash Bandicoot changed the title to !NEW PICS! 1994 U.K. spec single turbo built manual
  • Crash Bandicoot changed the title to SOLD PENDING PAYMENT 1994 U.K. spec single turbo built manual
6 hours ago, Scooter said:

congrats, be interested in hearing how it goes/what you have to do for the buyer etc the strong dollar and their high prices make our cars very cheap at the moment.

The favourable $ to the £ has made things 15% cheaper than just a few months ago. The UK based Supra, that was already the cheapest in the World, has got itself a whole lot cheaper.

I expect for the first time we will see a long decline in the total numbers of Supra's that are UK registered as cars get themselves scrapped or exported and then aren't being replaced with fresh expensive Jap imports. There are 2,500 Mk4 Supras registered in the UK, that is up 300 on where it stood in 2017. Sadly, the ratio with these cars on SORN to taxed is 2:1 in favour of SORN. That ratio was 1:1 three years ago. My car goes onto SORN at the end of this month so I need to grab the keys one last time this year, though it does have a MOT station visit booked in October that it'll be driven to and from.

• Like 1

• Crash Bandicoot changed the title to SOLD 1994 U.K. spec single turbo built manual

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.