The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mk4 Supra on the Top Gear Track

Hamilton

Maybe the MKIV could have done a bit better if the Stig was given a bit of guidance on the old auto box. 

I doubt he started in L and he didn't appear to be using the overdrive off button as the car seemed to be relaxing in high gears around corners. 

That was indeed a pretty epic one-wheel spin out of the corner @Mike2JZlol. 😂

I think an lsd in the mk4 would have helped massively, still looked pretty cool though!

Not sure the stig would have needed guidance on the auto box though, im sure he's driven many different cars over his lifetime and knows his way around all the boxes and cars, maybe if he had a 6 speed he would have knocked 5 seconds off 

1 hour ago, raddys said:

I think an lsd in the mk4 would have helped massively, still looked pretty cool though!

Not sure the stig would have needed guidance on the auto box though, im sure he's driven many different cars over his lifetime and knows his way around all the boxes and cars, maybe if he had a 6 speed he would have knocked 5 seconds off 

IMO, if that was the case, we would have seen him working the autobox but it's clear to see the car slushing into and around corners. 

He's prob just a race car driver, it's by no means meant as a criticism that he might not know his way around a 90's GT car automatic. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

God the auto box is brutal, sounded well but lazy at the same time lol. A 6 speed or even the tip which would hold onto the gears and an LSD would've done better. Not sure about the HP figure either since its sounds stock but maybe uprated stock turbos on a standalone. If it is the correct HP, i wonder would the better box+LSD with a stock bpu circa 400BHP have just done the same time....