The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got one

Tommyg_5

After looking for a while and asking on here for advise. Keron sorted me out with a NA 5 speed in black. Very pleased with it at the moment. Got some facelift lights from Keron too while I was there. Very nice guy.

Driven back to Kent from Leicester and down to the coast today and all seems good. 

Been shopping already and fitted a lip on Friday.

Now on the lookout for some new wheels

20220609_151037.jpg

• Like 3

Few questions. 

1. I have the A01B diff in the car. What fluid do I need to change it? Some sites saying something, others saying make sure to not use friction modifier etc. Anyone know for sure?

2. The gear surround and drivers window switch are a gloss black, don't look resprayed. Is this a sz-r thing? Or something else? Just curious

You only use FM additives or FM containing gear oils in plate differentials to aid their slip. You don't need any FM additives in gear LSD's as there are no plates that need to slip. So you don't want or need FM additives in your differential. For the oil a good synthetic 75W/90 LSD oil is what you need. Used by a few of us is Fuchs Syn 5 which is an old Silkoline formula that dates back to Century Oil who were taken over by Fuchs lubricants in the late 1990's. So its been around for a while but then so have these cars.

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rider said:

You only use FM additives or FM containing gear oils in plate differentials to aid their slip. You don't need any FM additives in gear LSD's as there are no plates that need to slip. So you don't want or need FM additives in your differential. For the oil a good synthetic 75W/90 LSD oil is what you need. Used by a few of us is Fuchs Syn 5 which is an old Silkoline formula that dates back to Century Oil who were taken over by Fuchs lubricants in the late 1990's. So its been around for a while but then so have these cars.

Awesome I'll get some ordered. Want to do all the fluids soon. 

34 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Gear surround and window switch is likely to be where the original coating was worn and someone has removed the lot so it looks better/not as bad?

Ah ok maybe. It looks like piano black. To be fair looks like a proper finish.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2022 at 9:05 PM, Tommyg_5 said:

I'm in Meopham. So north. When's the Kent meet ? Haha

Welcome to the club mate, Kent meet is at BlueWater first Friday of every month and it’s in desperate need of some new members 😂 we keep getting out run with German Audi & VW’s from all the previous Supra members who have sold up…

p.s. just looked a lovely little 15 minute drive for you perfect meeting place 😉 there should be a couple of us on the 5th if you fancy it.

Edited by wattwatt (see edit history)

On 7/21/2022 at 9:47 PM, wattwatt said:

Welcome to the club mate, Kent meet is at BlueWater first Friday of every month and it’s in desperate need of some new members 😂 we keep getting out run with German Audi & VW’s from all the previous Supra members who have sold up…

p.s. just looked a lovely little 15 minute drive for you perfect meeting place 😉 there should be a couple of us on the 5th if you fancy it.

Oh yes it's not far away from me at all. Should be free. Where at bw do you meet? Roof or inside ?

1 hour ago, Tommyg_5 said:

Oh yes it's not far away from me at all. Should be free. Where at bw do you meet? Roof or inside ?

We meet in the below car park on the top level. Normally around 7/7:30 people start arriving.  Any issues finding it then drop me a PM and I’ll bing over my WhatsApp so can help find it 😉

C4D2A1E6-B862-4C4E-B596-5889F60C9230.jpeg

On 7/21/2022 at 9:47 PM, wattwatt said:

Oh yes I know the place. Will do. Be good to meet some Kent owners.

• 2 months later...