The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra true values

fastphil666

Prices seemed to have stalled this year, maybe even slight decline, possibly due to world circumstances.

Last year I knew quite a few Supra’s selling for fairly crazy money but haven’t really heard of anything this year so far. A lot of JDM cars values seem to be following this trend currently. I’m sure it will pick up again soon but maybe not this year. 

Personally I would put your car in the 25-30k region. TT Auto with veilside body kit is always gonna be harder to sell, even though it does look clean. If it were me selling I’d put up detailed pictures of engine bay, interior, underside. Cars getting the most money are clean everywhere not just the outside. 

So dealer isn’t miles off if they expect to make 10-20% on selling the car. For some people taking slightly less but not having to deal with the aggro of selling to every asshole out there is worth it. 

1 hour ago, MrGRT said:

8 months and counting

There is another advertised since Jan which I am not bothered to link. 

And a few on pistonheads.com that have been there 3 months. 

Fair enough, I don't really want to dissect the car you've posted too much as it looks a really nice example, but it's quite a unique car that's potentially appealing/conflicting with two different crowds; the modifiers and the purists. This isn't to say it won't sell, it might just take a while to find the right buyer. 

Generally speaking, I don't think anyone is claiming that Supra's are selling like hotcakes and I think Mike raised some valid points regarding world issues at present having a correlation on people buying cars in general. On that note, a friend of mine who's a used car salesman has seen a 30% drop in income as people seem to be holding back on buying cars at present. 

Maybe we'll see a decline in the classic car market. Honestly speaking though? I don't really care as I don't intend on selling mine anyway. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, fastphil666 said:

Its a 96 facelift but a pre vvti.

Looking at the price of parts i could break it for more than they offered 😂😂

I think you can get the few K more than the PX easily. If the mileage can be proven as much as possible then it should fetch even more or at least could be advertised with the others.

I think almost any reasonable TT would go almost instantly at £19,995 and yet it might be suffering in areas (dash/paint in places/tired suspension from higher mileage etc) that to make mint would add up to more than yours at £29,995. Ie arguably yours would be far better value for money but harder to sell.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fastphil666 said:

In answer to my own question, i sold the supra today to a fellow member. He paid £28.7k for it. A price he and i were both happy with. If you would like i could list all the mods and spec? 

Yes that would be useful 

NOT FOR SALE/SOLD

Make: toyota

Model: supra mk4 jza80 rzs

Year: 1996

Facelift: yes

Mileage: 48k

MOT remaining: 6 months

Service history: not much paper work, but cambelt/waterpump done in my ownership gearbox oil change, brake fluid etc stainless brake pistons on front calipers.

Car's location: north wales

Modifications:

Greddy titanium cat back

Decats

Greddy front mount

Greddy twin intakes

ally rad

Kw v3 coilovers

Wedsport sa67r

Goodyear eagle f1's all.round

Trd arb's

Braided brake lines

Bpu with mines ecu

Kansei front lip, veilside skirts and veilside rear bumper, trd copy spoiler, & knight racer carbon bonnet

Good bits:

Very clean car, great mechanical condition, no rot, clean paint, interior is mint (no trim missing) fully dynamat insulated. 

Bad bits:

Surface rust begining under the car, could do with a proper underseal and a os giken diff would make a world of difference

PRICE

Didnt really advertise, just word of mouth. 

I wanted 30k, we haggled to £28.7k.

Car went to a fellow member.

Edited by fastphil666 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine bought this supra last week it’s an import 1998 twin turbo triptronic with 50k miles. 
Previous owner had it 11 years, kept in a heated garage, only mods trd sideskirts boost controller wheels and decat exhaust.

Paid £35,000

71119192-0757-494B-8764-93EE323D6600.jpeg

• Like 5

On 6/18/2022 at 10:43 PM, Danza210 said:

A friend of mine bought this supra last week it’s an import 1998 twin turbo triptronic with 50k miles. 
Previous owner had it 11 years, kept in a heated garage, only mods trd sideskirts boost controller wheels and decat exhaust.

Paid £35,000

71119192-0757-494B-8764-93EE323D6600.jpeg

The side skirts are not TRD,  they are OEM sideskirts.  If you look you'll find a do-luck rear diffuser too.

15 minutes ago, Jak jak said:

The side skirts are not TRD,  they are OEM sideskirts.  If you look you'll find a do-luck rear diffuser too.

They a defo aftermarket if not trd.

yes forgot to mention it as the deffuser. It’s a cool car & I’m quite jealous he has it

18 minutes ago, Jak jak said:

Well we sold it to him and the side skirts have been on the car as long as we have had it. We and others have said they were an optional extra from new. But we may be wrong 🤣

Fair play it’s a lovely car & hes well happy with it.

Yer optional extra not standard. They are fibreglass too surly not Toyota made.

1 minute ago, Danza210 said:

Fair play it’s a lovely car & hes well happy with it.

Yer optional extra not standard. They are fibreglass too surly not Toyota made.

It's a well looked after supra.  Just not got the use of her that she deserves the last few years. She wasn't really for sale, it was just a chance offer. We know the new owner will look after her and that's part of the reason we let her go. Glad he is happy with her too. 

Be good to see her out and about again. 

We just traded our other car in too and bought a Mk5 Jaramo Ltd Edition Supra in Horizon blue. So we'll still be involved with the club. 

• Like 1