The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra true values

fastphil666

I know this is a hotly debated subject on the forums. 

Ive thought about letting my tt auto supra go this year as i have a toddler and another on the way in july.

Anyways, i found an evo x for sale at a nearby performance car vendor. It was up for £27.5k, strong money but a very good example. It was on my list as a 4 door saloon thats fun when the kids arent there but can do car shows and cars and coffee when they are.

I took my supra along to see what they offered as a px, curiosity mostly. Prices are speculative throughout the community, oh thats worth 35k mate!! 

I was offered 23.5k for mine from the manager. He wasnt on site and had 2 pictures and a brief description from the salesman. The usual spiel of we could get lumbered with it for months. 

I dont feel insulted by his numbers, i was never going to do a deal with the evo, just wanted to see what one was like.

My car is a '96 facelift import with 48k miles, a few good mods but not original bodied. 

Whats everyone's oppinion on that price? Thats the first offer ive had but privately id want a few k more than that. 

Pics for reference

20220305_155551.jpg

20220305_155604.jpg

20210402_130302.jpg

20201113_160054.jpg

52 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

This place is the least credible place to ask for a valuation. The only way to truly gauge what its worth is to see what recent cars have sold for, which of course, nobody ever tells you.

Exactly!! This is the first actual offer of value on my car. I know at its lowest its worth 23.5k. I know full well he'd stick a chunk on it to sell. If people shared what the cars sold for we could have our own market value on this club site. 

I dont see how anyone who bought a supra a few years back would be insulted by that offer as you probably paid half that for your car?! 

I have/had no interest in selling my car for that little but like i say its the first indication of value ive seen. Ebay is madness, most 30k cars there have done at least 2x my mileage, jeez I saw an NA on facebook for 20k today!!! 😂

Obviously when you sell a car, you want the most as possible but i dont see any of these 30k auto's actually sold!!

4 minutes ago, fastphil666 said:

Exactly!! This is the first actual offer of value on my car. I know at its lowest its worth 23.5k. I know full well he'd stick a chunk on it to sell. If people shared what the cars sold for we could have our own market value on this club site. 

I dont see how anyone who bought a supra a few years back would be insulted by that offer as you probably paid half that for your car?! 

I have/had no interest in selling my car for that little but like i say its the first indication of value ive seen. Ebay is madness, most 30k cars there have done at least 2x my mileage, jeez I saw an NA on facebook for 20k today!!! 😂

Obviously when you sell a car, you want the most as possible but i dont see any of these 30k auto's actually sold!!

Hey, I sold my XR3i for £300 and now someone would want 12-18k for one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree it would be nice to see what other cars have sold for to get a better idea of what they're selling for, but classic car prices increasing isn't new. It's simply supply and demand and let's be honest, they simply don't make these kind of cars anymore which has also increased their value. 

Put it up for 10k more than you actually want. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and some people will pay more than others and you may get lucky. No point going off what has sold before and in different countries as with supras most are modified, not always well kept and sometimes bodged

3 hours ago, fastphil666 said:

Glad someone can see it for what it is. Im a Supra owner so Im not trying to junk the market, Im sitting pretty thanks very much, but when people toss out 20k valuations for NA autos, theyre off their heads. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Supes said:

I think the easy way to check the current market is to have a phone around and see how much it'll cost you to import another in identical condition. 

You won't sell in that case. Just look at those advertised here for months which are cheaper than one imported and don't sell

5 hours ago, MrGRT said:

You won't sell in that case. Just look at those advertised here for months which are cheaper than one imported and don't sell

I struggle to see why someone would pay a company X amount, but not someone private, for the right car. 

It's a sellers market when the car people want are few and far between. 

I'm not sure which cars you're referring to which haven't sold.