The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snow foam and lance

Tyson

I have recently sold my trusty old Nilfisk after getting a Karcher K4. I now need a new lance and I am almost out of my current foam supply, so looking for suggestions for both please. I stupidly bought the Karcher foam attachment and it is nothing short of awful and just fires out frothy water on the max thickness setting.

I cannot remember where i got my snowfoam lance from, although it may be a generic ebay one with brass fittings 

The foam however, I use the Bilt Hamber stuff which is slightly more aggresive then some others but does a good job. just means i need to renew the wax a bit more 

• Like 2

I bought the Autobrite Direct lance with the Karcher fitting, I have nothing to compare it too and have only used it twice and thought 

it's a waste of money but then i'm not OCD on washing my cars. 

I tend to hose off now, cover in Autosmart TFR then jetwash then wash n wax sponge then jetwash jobe done 🤪

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_7712.JPG

IMG_7107 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Dnk said:

I bought the Autobrite Direct lance with the Karcher fitting, I have nothing to compare it too and have only used it twice and thought 

it's a waste of money but then i'm not OCD on washing my cars. 

I tend to hose off now, cover in Autosmart TFR then jetwash then wash n wax sponge then jetwash jobe done 🤪

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_7712.JPG

IMG_7107 - Copy.JPG

The one I had for the Nilfisk was brilliant and the snow foam did a great job. I bought a lot so it's maybe been like 5-6 years since I bought foam last and wondered what was on the market right now.

I recently bought some new kit myself (for a new Nilfisk admittedly) but the principle is the same and the kit can be bought with adaptors for whichever pressure washer.

I bought;

A Pro-Kleen snow foam lance

Then used Autoglym Polar Blast for a snow foam (I bought Polar wash by accident first time, don't do that)

It went on really thick, I was impressed!

I then ended up buying a 'stubby gun'.

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/products/stubby-trigger-gun-nozzle-kit

I doubt it makes a difference to the snow foam however it makes it much easier to use as I found it all a bit cumbersome with the bottle on the standard gun so to speak

It really is a nice thing whether snow-foaming or just using the various jets. Good for cleaning in arches and underside too.

2F978D47-F689-4DCC-9D84-45D685AC05DD.jpeg

IMG_5871.jpeg

I use Bilt Hamber's Autofoam in a pressure prayer (like this) as you only need approx. 80ml for 2 litres, which'll cover the whole car. I then rinse it off (which removes the bulk of grime), and then I use a generic foam lance (the MTM PF22.2 is apparently the dogs proverbials, so I'm upgrading to that when I can next warrant to), but with normal car soap (CarChem 1900:1 supersuds in my case) and then just wash using the usual 2 bucket method, so there is already soap/lubrication on the car when I start the contact wash.

• 4 weeks later...

hi mate my pw is kranzle but i use it every day fittings are 22m screw ,my foam set up now is mjjc foam bottles look them up pretty much the best out there ,the foam i use is just a normal snowfoam had it ages as i bought it in bulk ,dont get to involved with the amount of snowfoam out there it all does the same thing ,latest bollocks is fancy colours ,detailing game has gone mad ,prices through the roof 

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, peter richards said:

hi mate my pw is kranzle but i use it every day fittings are 22m screw ,my foam set up now is mjjc foam bottles look them up pretty much the best out there ,the foam i use is just a normal snowfoam had it ages as i bought it in bulk ,dont get to involved with the amount of snowfoam out there it all does the same thing ,latest bollocks is fancy colours ,detailing game has gone mad ,prices through the roof 

Thanks Peter, I'll look at that lance and for snow foam, so something like AG Polar Blast will be fine? I've seen bilt hamber stuff raved about and the price difference isn't that big.