The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger side bracket & Tiptronic Gearshift Surround

Peter P

Evening All,

Long shot I know, but does anyone have this bracket lying around by any chance? Maybe you stripped a Supra before they shot up in value? It goes between the transmission tunnel and the bottom right corner of the glovebox. As you can see, mine is badly bent for some unknown reason (the other photo shows a good condition one with a bit of surface rust admittedly). If I can’t source one then I will have to try and get mine straightened, but don’t think that’s an easy task. 😞 

I also managed to lose a couple of the tabs from my gearshift surround and whilst I’ve tried to glue them back on, doubt it will hold as the plastic is wafer thin and so flimsy! If you have a surround in good condition with all the tabs then let me know please folks. 👍

Good bank holiday all. 

Cheers.

Pete 🙂 

A8D10FEE-56F6-46F9-9D64-30FD15E8751A.jpeg

F3AF5B7A-519E-4606-B339-4F3D5C94212C.jpeg

8 hours ago, auzzam said:

Is the gear shift surround plastic any different from a normal automatic (pre-facelift) The plastic pieces seem the same.

Ive got one for you if you'd like

Hi mate,

I believe the S2/facelift panel is a lighter grey colour, but otherwise think it’s the same. Let me know what you want for it mate as I’ll be checking mine this morning to see if the glue worked. 🤞

Cheers.

Pete 🙂 

Little update. Bracket fixed with the help of a vice and some gentle persuasion with a hammer! 😉 

My gearshift surround also seems to be holding out with the tabs glued back in place. If anyone does spot or have a mint facelift/S2 gearshift surround then I’d still be interested. Just PM me.

Cheers all.

Pete 🙂 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.