The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Warning Light at 60MPH

FCorps

Hello - i have a warning light on my MK4 which comes on at 60mph exactly and has done for years - I remember reading somewhere that this may be due to an active spoiler activating at 60 (which is no longer on the car - it has a fixed spoiler) 

I have an electrician coming to look at the car Friday for soe other stuff and I wanted to try and get him on finally fixing this long term annoyance.

Does anyone know of a fix/solution to this that I can direct the electrician towards?

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I took my dash off today and I do not seem to have that box.  I think I gave the right spot as the brown/orange boxes match the ones in your photo - behind the middle console? I seem to have a big air vent where your boxes are and I could not see those boxes behind unless I need to dig deeper?

I searched everywhere behind other parts of the dash and could not see it. Could it be somewhere else?

Thanks

20220420_134801.jpg

20220420_134810.jpg

4 minutes ago, FCorps said:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I took my dash off today and I do not seem to have that box.  I think I gave the right spot as the brown/orange boxes match the ones in your photo - behind the middle console? I seem to have a big air vent where your boxes are and I could not see those boxes behind unless I need to dig deeper?

I searched everywhere behind other parts of the dash and could not see it. Could it be somewhere else?

Thanks

20220420_134801.jpg

20220420_134810.jpg

It should be right down the bottom there, right at the back. The very bottom one is ABS I think and the little one on top should be the Spoiler ecu 

E694B4B0-134B-4D24-9F70-28984B799D40.thumb.jpeg.98e64b74b72a0445881555e889a0520f.jpeg

Yeah I just do not seem to have that box. I have a black and yellow ABS box and the larger silver box but not the smaller spoiler top box -

bit if a mystery as I cannot see anything matching that top box from @tayr s reply anywhere behind the dash.

You can see the rail where it might have sat.

Is there another way around this warning light?

🤔

16506235839173272740318653835383.jpg

16506239041739178109129751171052.jpg

Edited by FCorps (see edit history)

I have no spoiler button as far as I can see.  There is a small round button below the mirror fold switch which was converted into a foglight switch a few years ago but no spoiler button. The spoiler was long gone before I bought it so did not even know they had one.

Hmm. I thought that was it! The light comes on at a perfectly reliable 60mph on the dot every time so seemed like the spoiler control would be the culprit