The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which 700-750bhp Turbo would you recommend on 99RON not E85.

SupraLEDrears

Hi guys, here's my current spec list.

Soara performance t4 divided tubular manifold

Injector dynamics 1050x 

Vvti ge head

Calico dry film coated acl race bearing set 

Carillo rods with arp cap screws

Cp pistons 9:5:1

Mahle piston rings

Hellcat 525lph fuel pump 

264bc cams 

Stainless braided fuel lines 

Ffim with 90mm throttle body 

ARP head studs 

Full crank assembly has been balanced 

Ecu master standalone 

So I bought a borg warner s366 that needed a rebuild. After some research I've noticed that the BW might be a bit too lazy for my setup. Whifbitz praises the precision 6466 on vvti whilst others have recommended the garret 3582r or the g30-770. I'm looking for a quick spooling street turbo, the car might se a drag strip 3 times a year. My original goal was 800 but after some reading up about drivability, I've decided to aim for 700ish instead and have it at about 600 for spirited driving. My bbudget is 2500, what would you guys suggest?

I think I'd use the size to determine your power goal.

I think I'd choose a 62mm turbo over a larger one. Some would say most 62mm are at the top of their power and may reduce life, but their max power isn't bouncing off the limiter and its designed for those levels so why not use it.

I'd say size determines choice really. You could use the 264 cams with a 62mm but cams on a 64mm for 700hp I'd say isn't really needed.

I'm at 600hp on a 62mm on stock cams and non vvti.

I'd love to try the new garretts. Go for the g30!

I say chuck the 66 on and see what happens 😄

You look to be running a much higher compression than a stock TT (provided the rest of the build combines for the 9.5:1 CR of your pistons) so that will keep the car pretty lively down low and help wake up the turbo.

I've just bought an S369 with a similar sounding build to what you have. Just slightly lower CR pistons. I'm hoping it's at least farily lively in the 4k rpm range