The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GE to GTE intake adapter

supra_noodles

Hey guys,

I've just got one of Rad Dan's GTE intake adapter plates that enables you to swap the GE intake to a GTE one. Very impressed by this so far, did some test fits today and the intake sits really nicely and certainly does clean up the top of the engine.

My question is; does anybody have any diagrams, photos or write ups of where the original pipes/lines from the GE will now sit on the GTE intake? I know I need to flip the wires for the TPS as this sits on the opposite side as well as using a GTE throttle cable and power steering reservoir. I've taken photos and notes of where they sat on the GE for reference but any advice or input on this would be greatly appreciated! 

It's on a non VVTI engine and intake.

Happy to share photos of the install so far if anyone is interested :)

Thanks,

Eren.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 7677243 said:

Do you still have good clearance from the top of the intake to the bonnet? Looking forward to pics.

Yeah the clearance is still good, the bonnet still closes with no problem after a quick test fit which I'm happy with. There was talk of it potentially hitting the support on the bonnet but no problems found here!