The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Euro Car Parts

Dnk

Anyone else had dramas using EuroCarParts ?

Sent the wrong alternator which my garage fitted, it didn't work. Two hours labour 

Manager at the branch agreed it was wrong and had found the correct one and would send it

Monday morning, by 3 pm nothing so I called up and was told it'll be sent now.

Alternator arrives and its the same as the one previously supplied 

Try to speak to the manager and too busy to speak to me. 

I take it back to get refund 

Have contacted ECP to claim the 2 hours labour and no surprise their not interested its up to the branch to

give this !!!

ECP customer service number doesn't work  

Shan't be using them again in a hurry 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• Dnk changed the title to Euro Car Parts

Always been good with the parts I've ordered. As the saying goes though, you never find out how good a company is until something goes wrong. I wouldn't use ECP for anything exotic though where they likely have a generic product that supposedly fits all. Its always been brake discs or the like for me where nothing much can go wrong.

Having wrong parts incur labour is a problem I have had with companies that I do use for exotic parts. TCB sent me a NA bit for my TT and I had a £100 labour charge as the garage spent a lot of time trying to fit a part that was a tiny bit too small and just didn't quite fit. TCB replaced the part FOC after conceding it was their error but that's as far as they were prepared to go. So, suck it up is an industry standard..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well after taking it back I'm still waiting for my refund of nearly £300. 

Checked their t&c's and says will be paid within 14 days.

Now 16 days and no response by their customer service dept 

What a shower of shit they are 

Next stop Paypal 

Thought it can't hurt so sent a polite message using their facebook messenger 

Quite shocked I just got a reply 

"Good Afternoon, I am incredibly sorry to hear of the issues you have had with this order and the return. I have located the refund and sent this straight to the cashier, in addition to this I have raised a separate refund for the delivery charge so it will come through as 2 separate refunds. Kindest Regards"

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

On 1/28/2022 at 5:00 AM, Dnk said:

Sadly they wont budge on the labour 

It will be in the endless T&C's, buried deep enough so no one can find it. Big companies won't care as people will continue to use them regardless of their reputation as most customers are only interested in the cheapest price. I guess it depends how much you want to fight it, I would imagine best case would be some kind of voucher on your next purchase rather than actual cash. 

2 minutes ago, Tyson said:

It will be in the endless T&C's, buried deep enough so no one can find it. Big companies won't care as people will continue to use them regardless of their reputation as most customers are only interested in the cheapest price. I guess it depends how much you want to fight it, I would imagine best case would be some kind of voucher on your next purchase rather than actual cash. 

Getting a voucher to use them again I wouldn't consider to be a victory 

I shan't be using them again 

One thing they're are not happy about is the review I left, I got an email questioning it, I replied giving them my mobile number if they wanted to discuss it and they haven't.

The worst bit is all the bull shit recorded crap when your left on hold about how much they value customer service etc etc 

9 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Getting a voucher to use them again I wouldn't consider to be a victory 

I shan't be using them again 

One thing they're are not happy about is the review I left, I got an email questioning it, I replied giving them my mobile number if they wanted to discuss it and they haven't.

The worst bit is all the bull shit recorded crap when your left on hold about how much they value customer service etc etc 

Sadly now, the only way to get a resolution sometimes is to post a bad review or a complaint in a public place, either an online review or on their social media.