The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the forum

supra_noodles

Hey everyone,

I'm Eren and just joined the forum. I've not long ago got myself a rolling shell and with the help of some good friends have begun the build. Learning a lot as I go along but it's great fun! First project like this and first JDM car so it's all new to me having come from the VW/Audi ownership world.

It's been the dream to own a Supra since I was about 10, now quite a few years later it's happened although I never expected to have to build one from the ground up!

Looking forward to getting to know the forums throughout the build, I find myself on here most days looking for info so I thought it was time to join and say a general thanks so far to those threads that have helped.

All the best,

Eren.

• Like 3

Welcome! Always nice to hear of another person who has managed to purchase one (especially when it's their dream car!). Feel free to create a build thread to document the journey, I'd love to see it progress, as I'm sure everyone else on here would too. Best of luck with the build!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, m12aak said:

Welcome! Always nice to hear of another person who has managed to purchase one (especially when it's their dream car!). Feel free to create a build thread to document the journey, I'd love to see it progress, as I'm sure everyone else on here would too. Best of luck with the build!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hadn't thought about creating a build thread, I may just do that. I am documenting it on Instagram, I set up a page with the same name as my username but on here I will get a chance to explain some more things in depth and upload some more photos.

19 hours ago, mharvey said:

Welcome to the forum Eren, what are the plans with the rolling shell? 
Engine/gearbox/body wise?

Look forward to seeing it posted up

Thanks for the welcome 🙂 plans at the moment is using the engine and gearbox I have which is an NA-T and a W58. That will get it in a position I can run it in, find any niggles and get used to it and then eventually I will be looking to upgrade the turbo to something a bit nicer and consider an upgrade to a 6 speed. I know the options are a few and it's still a bit of an open ended question at the moment.

Body wise I will be going for the clean modified look, I've always liked the Ridox bumper and side skirts with OEM spats and spoiler. I (think) I've decided on a colour after having one test spray of a different colour not wow me like I thought it would - so the next one is a Toyota factory colour and I shall say no more in the attempt to keep some mystery 🙂

15 hours ago, Annabella said:

Welcome! We like Pics! As above what's the plans engine wise etc? And not being too nosey, how much was the shell and is it straight?

Thanks for the welcome! I will certainly upload some photos as soon as I get a chance, I will take some updated photos with where I am on the build now as a short progress story. The shell is straight and I did pay a very very reasonable price for it considering what the asking price is at the moment. I paid about half of the asking price today!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mwilkinson said:

Welcome Eren.

Thank you for the welcome 🙂 

19 hours ago, Simon_RD said:

Welcome onboard, looking forward to seeing what kind of a project it is😀

Thanks! Hopefully I don't disappoint 🙂 

18 hours ago, Big Supes said:

Welcome and best of luck with the build. 👍

Thanks for the welcome and the luck, I may need it! 

5 hours ago, The Raven said:

Hi hi. 

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome 🙂 

5 hours ago, markssupra said:

Welcome