The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Outdoor winter cover

Supra-love

A long shot but if anyone has a decent one going, maybe you’ve moved the car into a garage or something and have one spare. Looking for a decent one as I’m by the coast and it’s windy and wet over winter. 

I know a good wax and coating some say is better than a cover but I think I’d rather keep everything dry.

Thanks

I honestly cannot recommend a carcoon highly enough over a car cover if you have funds. It'll save your paint, your battery and prevent any corrosion taking place over any long winters. 

I currently have paint damage on my roof from high winds + a car cover. It also caused micro blistering due to holding moisture on the paint for too long. 

I kicked myself that I didn't get a carcoon sooner when I pulled my car out of hibernation last spring. 

Anyhow... I prob sound like I'm on commission by now so I'll shut up. 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Supes said:

Absolutely. No chance a cat would even attempt to jump on top once it's inflated. 

Nice one, I'm guessing is pretty solid anyway once inflated? The cats tend to walk on the fences lol so they're pretty high up already.

1 hour ago, blythmrk said:

A cat jumped on mine and sliced it open😬

I would personally get a Clarke portable garage with a carcoon inside that👍

Wow, I'm really surprised by that. I'm not even sure how a cat would even get on mine. Someone would need to throw it up there. 

20201210_143849.jpg

4 hours ago, auzzam said:

Nice one, I'm guessing is pretty solid anyway once inflated? The cats tend to walk on the fences lol so they're pretty high up already.

I wouldn't say it's solid. I'd say that the fact that it's soft and moves with the wind would put a cat off jumping on it, but then you always have the rare nutty on as Mark experienced. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 2:03 AM, Big Supes said:

Wow, I'm really surprised by that. I'm not even sure how a cat would even get on mine. Someone would need to throw it up there. 

20201210_143849.jpg

That fence on the left, the wall, from on top of the car, from on top of the garage. Cat's can jump pretty high and also climb flat vertical surfaces they can get their claws into. Cat's regularly jump up and over my 8ft fence.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Tyson said:

That fence on the left, the wall, from on top of the car, from on top of the garage. Cat's can jump pretty high and also climb flat vertical surfaces they can get their claws into. Cat's regularly jump up and over my 8ft fence.

Sure. I mean, it could get the step ladder out of the garage too. 😂 I was more talking in the context of cat behaviour. They generally don't use two/three logical steps to achieve their goal which, in this case (jumping on top for no reason) would be an odd one at that. 

I revert back to my previous comment though... there's always that extremely rare nutty one. I just don't worry about it as I highly doubt it'll happen. 

On 11/27/2021 at 6:41 PM, Big Supes said:

Sure. I mean, it could get the step ladder out of the garage too. 😂 I was more talking in the context of cat behaviour. They generally don't use two/three logical steps to achieve their goal which, in this case (jumping on top for no reason) would be an odd one at that. 

I revert back to my previous comment though... there's always that extremely rare nutty one. I just don't worry about it as I highly doubt it'll happen. 

Cats love to watch the world burn 😁

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, Big Supes said:

That they do. 😆 We have some crazy cats around our parts. They're always fighting at some unholy hour of the night. It's usually when I have to be up early for work. 🙄😅

Went round to my dads and my car was parked for about 2 minutes before a cat jumped up on the bonnet and went to sleep!

13 hours ago, Tyson said:

Went round to my dads and my car was parked for about 2 minutes before a cat jumped up on the bonnet and went to sleep!

They do love a warm bonnet! There used to be a cat in the street that would curl up in a ball on top of the engine lid on my old Mk2 MR2. 😅

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.